Youtube project series - Toyota GT-Four engine & running gear in Austin Mini 1000

1. Seano

Seano Member

Just watching this series gave me nightmares, many moons ago a mate asked me to give him a hand doing a small one off job, by his own admission he was *NO SWEARING ON THIS FORUM* at welding but had a mig welder ( and pretty *NO SWEARING ON THIS FORUM* at most other things too) and this guy was a time served mechanic to boot, anyway these two brothers who all had together far too much money to burn decided that they wanted to fit an alfasud 1500 flat four engine with a garret t3 turbo into a fiat x19, they waved a wad of cash at him and he said yes, needless to say he is no longer a mate, it nearly cost me a divorce, never again :doh: good series though.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  2. carbon

carbon Member

andy_v, visor_down and Robotstar5 like this.
  3. Normsthename

Normsthename Member

Leicester, UK

Andy

andy_v, Rannsachair and johnik like this.
  4. carbon

carbon Member

5. visor_down

visor_down Member

South East
    Another one already! Look forward to watching it, good start to the weekend!

6. Seano

Seano Member

Anybody got any idea who does the guitar work on PB shows ?

7. Spark plug

Spark plug Member

What? I haven’t seen the last one yet!

Pigeon_Droppings2 likes this.
  8. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

They mention listening to Duff McKagan when the instal os completed, but I'm not sure that's his style of music. :dontknow:

9. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    "I completely lose my rag" :laughing::laughing::laughing:

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  10. brewdexta

brewdexta Member

Yorkshire
    They mention SRV guitar solos, that's Stevie Ray Vaughan, a bit of a guitar prodigy, who met his death far too young, I think he was involved in a helicopter crash after a music festival.

11. Seano

Seano Member

Yes, I have been an SRV fan for many years, but none of the music sounds anything like him.

12. visor_down

visor_down Member

South East

andy_v and Robotstar5 like this.
  13. baldy Member

kent uk
    this has been going on for some time ! looking forward to seeing it running !

14. angellonewolf

angellonewolf Member

running yes but that also means theres no more once finshed :(

they do seam to be getting on with it a bit more but thats im assuming down to the jobs being a bit smaller

15. jack-daniels Member

From their Patreon page.

"Thanks to Patreon, we're now able to do this full time and bring episodes out every month or so as opposed to 3-5 months. Your patronage means we're now able to bring videos out much faster. It doesn't mean that the jokes will be any less corny, it will mean however that we're almost certain not to run out of tea. And that in itself is a huge weight from our shoulders."

16. fixerupper

fixerupper Member

Yes these guys manage to mix a massive skill set and attention to detail with a spadeful of humour and some great music ...they deserve all the praise they get ...

17. mylesdw

mylesdw Member

New Zealand
    I just jumped on their website and gave them a tenner towards the project - I've had easily that much entertainment from these guys.

brewdexta likes this.
  18. visor_down

visor_down Member

South East

19. jpmillermatic

jpmillermatic Member

USA-NY
    Im sure there are others out there who can do this sort of work, but I have yet to see it. great mix of parts off the shelf, fabrication, creativity, store bought and home made tools, ect ect ect.

awesome.

JP

PS...my kids learned the Police Story theme music watching these vids when they were much younger. then, started watching Police Story movies!....ah, well...

slim_boy_fat and Wallace like this.
  20. visor_down

visor_down Member

South East

carbon likes this.
Advertisements