Workzone Bandsaw

1. rtbcomp

rtbcomp Moderator Staff Member

They've just rung me to arrange collection. Different time/date/courier to the one delivering the replacement though, so that's 2 different days I've got to wait in.

2. skotl

skotl Forum Supporter

Ah :( not so much of a result then...

3. monkeh

monkeh Member

I had the same problem yesterday, i refused to accept the scroll saw though and contacted yodel and aldi to make sure it didnt "Go Missing"

A lovely lass from aldi phoned me today to apologize and let me know it was a mess up at the distribution center and they sent out loads of scroll saws by mistake. But the right item has been dispatched today and should be here Monday.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  4. rtbcomp

I wondered if something like that had happened. My replacement has been dispatched but I was told it could be 3 to 5 working days.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  5. wookie Member

Seeing that it is their mistake you'd have thought they would have arranged for both the collect & delivery to be on the same day if not the same courier to minimise the annoyance to the customer.

6. rtbcomp

^^ and next day delivery to boot.

Jlg and slim_boy_fat like this.
  7. rtbcomp

Ironically a job's cropped up where I could use a scroll saw.

Farside and Jlg like this.
  8. Jlg

Jlg Member

Always the way

9. rtbcomp

Replacement arrived today and the scroll saw taken away. First impressions - good. I'll start a review thread when I've given it some work to do.

10. monkeh

monkeh Member

Lucky you, Im the opposite, Scroll saw was redelivered and i still don't have a bandsaw. :doh::laughing:

Ashley Burton likes this.
  11. rtbcomp

I bet they sent the bandsaw back! Just to rub it in, I'm really liking this bandsaw, you should get one :waving:

12. Hood

Hood Forum Supporter

You need to take slightly more than a blades width to be sure but if you really slow the feed down you may manage less.

smashweld likes this.
  13. wookie Member

Trying to take just a sliver off with a bandsaw is best avoided, it's far too easy for the blade to wander and you end up with a wonky cut (*), with box section it's easier just to use a flap disc on the angle grinder to remove the excess (or just cut it right in the first place :whistle: )

With solid I've successfully tack welded the cut piece back on and then re-cut it with a bandsaw, The way I've had most success is to also tack some scrap to the bottom so it bridges the original cut to support it until the new cut is completed.

Measure twice, cut once :scared:

(*) that was with proper solid industrial kit in good nick and the blade till tries to wander off.

smashweld likes this.
  14. Screwdriver

Screwdriver Member

UK London
    You could clamp a plate to the end larger than the part to be cut. The blade would have to follow the guide plate so you could only cut a sliver the width of the blade and it would be parallel to the original cut (assuming it was in a plane)

smashweld likes this.
  15. rtbcomp

16. fnlvder Forum Supporter

Just a heads up to anyone that missed out on these last time around, they are back on the website, online purchase.

17. Carl Wilson Member

Clicking that link it says it is no longer available.

18. fnlvder Forum Supporter

Go into DIY section of the aldi website and order by new items. I've just pre-ordered one for delivery on the 26th

19. RichardM Member

20. Carl Wilson Member

One of these saws is of interest to me. I have a big sip band saw which takes up quite a lot of room. I think this smaller one might have enough capacity and use less space.

Advertisements