Wolf Apache Spares

1. rickyn Member

United Kingdom
    Ha ha, China is tempting. But i just dont trust them, thanks for mentioning it though. And yes i have done a search which showed up local sellers, one was just what i wanted, but guess what was damaged :doh:

2. TAITSIE

TAITSIE Member

They all come from China , just shows what mark up goes on them :cool:

3. rickyn Member

United Kingdom
    What spooked me was they stressed it was a t peice splitter not a regualtor. I would hate to wait a month for it and then find the pressure adjuster was just cosmetic without function. I have been comparing the two and they do differ in construction, i appreciate the input but prefer to play safe with a uk supplier so i can resolve any issues if required by a phone call.
    Its such a relief to me that a repair is in sight. Fingers crossed all the fittings are the same as mine.

4. rickyn Member

United Kingdom
    Read through this link Mike, it explains how to remove the T peice.

http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/threads/t-piece-needed-for-air-compressor.16630/

5. TAITSIE

TAITSIE Member

No problem :waving:

6. mike k Member

Thank you kindly. I'm pretty sure I removed everything but will check again tomorrow. I remember when searching for wolf spares a while back I found out they had gone bust (although I'm sure I seen they were back?) But i found a thread on here before I was a member and someone wrongly said a company was supplying the spares. I emailed them and the said if I sent a picture they would probably have something that could be used as they manufactured compressors. I never bothered and just bought another small oil less. I will have a search and see if i can find it.

mike

7. rickyn Member

United Kingdom
    Well, for the last few months i have been watching ebay in the hope a spares wolf compressor would come up locally so i could rob the T piece. Alas nothing so far and its been a real pain not having the compressor working. Its when you don't have use of it that you realise how often you use something.
    So i decided to take a risk and order the Chinese T piece for under a tenner. It wont be here for a few weeks yet but i took the old unit off yesterday in preparation. Which raised a question, on all the threads was a schlac type material. When i refit all the fittings, what do i use? Would silicone be ok on the threads ?

8. rtbcomp

rtbcomp Moderator Staff Member

Use Loctite pipe sealer or similar.

9. rickyn Member

United Kingdom
    CRIKEY, thats dearer than the T peice was. :(

10. rickyn Member

United Kingdom
    The T peice arrived from china today, and its fitted. This has raised one problem and two questions.
    Questions first... what part of the compressor is it that dictates at which point the compressor shuts off when the tank is at full pressure? Is it anything to do with the T peice or not ? What is the large red round knob on the T peice for ?
    Secondly, what gauge pressure should it shut off at ? I let it run up till it had just started getting into the red on the gauge at which point my bottle went aas it was still running and i thought i would turn it off and ask.
    Btw the red valve on the end with the keyring on it, i swapped over from my original, i havent used the chinese one. Is this the safety valve ?

And the problem... this is the one i brought

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261368946384?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

[​IMG]

As you can see, it has different brass connections where my female air coupling was before. No problem i thought, i undone one ok and fitted a coupling, but the rh one just refused to come out, there is very little flat of the securing nut visible, so not much to get a socket on. And being brass it burred before coming un done. So i left it in situ and fitted the T peice anyway. Sods law this iffy brass peice i cant remove is the only thing leaking, any suggestions on this ? I dont mind just having one air takeoff but the premature loss of tank pressure is annoying.

11. rickyn Member

United Kingdom
    In answer to my own question,:ashamed: i just found the motor cuts at just a little over 120 psi, so i guess the cutoff is within the switch housing and nothing to do with the T peice. I would be ecstatic rather than just a happy man tonight if i had managed to get that brass union off but even though its leaking i think its best left alone. The compressor is perfectly usable again, ive even found the T peice on ebay now cheaper...£ 5.99 delivered should anyone else need one ! It would seem the large red adjuster seems to do bugger all and is for looks only, the original used to alter the left gauge and output on that connector i'm pretty sure.

Time for cider

12. Rig Pig

Rig Pig Member

The red knob should be a regulator for some of the outlets

Advertisements