Winter Buggie Build

1. Sam

Sam Banned

Looking forward to giving it a damn good thrashing when the snow and ice clears! Was a bit dissapointed when I started stripping the buggie tho,the rear shock was like a dog leg and the other damper rods were pitted so contacted GAZ for new damper rods and seal kits. Sorry sir we dont do that send them down and we repair them, "and how much will that cost" £27.50 per shock and how much for the damper rods thats included in the price sir a full rebuild new damper rods seals and valves all for £119 delivered back to the door GOOD DEAL!

2. bawjaws Member

scotland
    vr4awd, if your talking about steel suppliers, i get mine from thistle steel in cowdenbeath, bit of a distance tho, hope this helps;)

3. Sam

Sam Banned

Sorry forgot to reply to that try ASD 0131 459 3200 or Alexander Stirling 01786 473 333

4. eltis Member

Northumberland
    hi, i also want to make a buggy for the autocross there is so many idea out there...... i have been researching it for the last 6 month`s+ i still cant get my hear around the rear chain sprocket and carrier setup...... yours looks top job m8.... think we might have to have a few words when i actually get round to starting the practical work.....

where did you get your pipe bender from m8? i am thinkin about making my chassis out of inch and a quater mild steel. sound ok?

regards
    Daniel

5. Sam

Sam Banned

Give Causey park a visit you will see how other people are doing the final drive it is just up the road from you here are the dates for this season.

2009 Championship Events.
    Date Venue Club Results
    19-04-09 Causey Park Farm, Nr Morpeth ADMC

03-05-09 Causey Park Farm, Nr Morpeth CDMC
    17-05-09 Causey Park Farm, Nr Morpeth ADMC
    30-05-09 Causey Park Farm, Nr Morpeth CDMC
    31-05-09 Causey Park Farm, Nr Morpeth CDMC
    28-06-09 Causey Park Farm, Nr Morpeth CDMC
    12-07-09 Causey Park Farm, Nr Morpeth ADMC
    25-07-09 Causey Park Farm, Nr Morpeth TDMC
    26-07-09 Causey Park Farm, Nr Morpeth TDMC
    08-08-09 Causey Park Farm, Nr Morpeth CDMC
    09-08-09 Causey Park Farm, Nr Morpeth CDMC
    13-09-09 Causey Park Farm, Nr Morpeth CDMC

1 1/4 is fine I have shelved a two seater for the moment that is using 32 x 2 mm cds not erw the bender is a record bender that I cut the head off and welded to a post allowing you to bend through the horizontal found it a lot easier, there is a thread in tools and techniques http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8348&page=2

6. eltis Member

Northumberland
    hi sam, yeah i know i have been invited to these to be a marshall..... http://www.aneccc-autox.co.uk thats what has inspired me lolol there unreal...... my m8 had his 1st season last year in his class 4 corsa b.

ive been and bought some gas, a regulator and a half decent mask.... any ideas where i can purchase some cheap filler rods...the only place i have found is www.welding-supplies-online.co.uk

Regards
    Daniel

7. Sam

Sam Banned

Google welding supplies Northumberland the guy I use is in whats it called "Cumbernauld" that one is for the over 40's.

8. awesome :cool:

Advertisements