Weldreality.com

1. Robbie260 Member

Would agree with you there, all welds on a ships hull are xrayed to ensure there are no defects. Ships will generally only break their backs as a result of grounding, collision or freak waves. The freak waves do happen one nearly 100 meters high hit one of the cunard queens head on it took the deck plates down by 3 mm.

Edit: sorry 95 foot wave

2. Feet 'n Inches

Feet 'n Inches Out of the rat-race at last

Longest advert I've ever seen.

3. anto44

anto44 Member

"One prime reason for the catastrophic ship structural failures is first and foremost, lack of ship yard front office weld process ownership. "
    This "weld process ownership" seems to come up quite a bit on this site but I've yet to figure out what exactly this is, other than a meaningless corporate buzz phrase,

Mark 2 likes this.
  4. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

Main reason for ship failure is human/pilot error.

second reason is ship being operated outside it’s lifespan or operating parameters.

Third reason is probably a flaw in the ships structure.

welding or material failure very low down the list

metalmelt, Wany and Robbie260 like this.
  5. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

me neither

6. rtcosic

rtcosic Member

I vote for meaningless corporate buzz phrase invented by those elusive creatures responsible mangers @TechnicAl quoted.

My dear old Dad used to say - It's like a cow pat. Don't prod it and it won't smell. I thought feeding, quoting or even acknowledging the existence of Trolls wasn't the done thing?

Edit: or is this the Forum's modern equivalent of visiting Bedlam to mock the inmates?

Feet 'n Inches likes this.
  7. matt1978

matt1978 www.lorch.eu

There is no “corporation” behind it. It’s Ed Craig, then Em Craig and now E Craig (based on his LinkedIn profile). One man operation by the looks of it.

8. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

Had a towbar fitted on the new car and they remove the original hidden bumper bar.........just look at the spatter .....yet this Ed Craig thinks that slag is the enemy of car builders
    PS the brown areas are reflections

Spatter.jpg

James1979 likes this.
Advertisements