Weldreality.com

1. Drains

Drains Yeah, nah.

Anyone seen this site? (thanks Panaya, for a link on UKWelder, plus Al and others for talking more)

http://www.weldreality.com/

It's something else, and deep in all the blether on massive pages, would appear to be a lot of very good info. also... nice pics like this...

[​IMG][​IMG]

chip likes this.
  2. shenion

shenion Tool Pack Rat

Has been mentioned before.

If you weed through his rants, there is some good information there. You have to dig to find things though.

3. panaya Member

BULGARIA
    Simondrains,I`ve bought all his books and discs-around 400$.They are perfect.I use his ``Clock Method`` with big success.It is really worth.I`ve got 20-50% more produktivity,optumum quality and less cost,due to Ed Craig.

4. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

Could be a old post record

I could never really read the stuff on this website (https://weldreality.com/) as the guy (Ed Craig) always appeared to have a massive chip on his shoulder. He seems to have a problem with equipment manufacturers, Lincoln, Miller, and everyone else. He might talk sense but his attitude makes reading the stuff very difficult and as a result Ive never really bothered.

Anyway, Ive had a mail from an Emily Craig who had a remarkably similar attitude so I asked her if she was any relation to Ed..........turns out she / he is one and the same

She said she couldnt get the welding world to listen as a man so she is now trying as a woman.....

5. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

Is this the person who basically claims it’s Tip TIG or nothing, everything else is inferior

Mr Roo likes this.
  6. James1979 Member

"My name is Emily Craig used to be Ed but a plasma cutter took care of that problem" :clapping::clapping:

MBB, metalmelt, garethp and 3 others like this.
  7. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

Thats him/her

Mr Roo likes this.
  8. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

I know...what a stupid comment

Mr Roo and James1979 like this.
  9. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

Ive commented that I could think of many reasons to change sex, but to assist in re-educating the welding world must be a first

10. James1979 Member

It's a very ranty site. Which is a shame because there may be something worth reading in all that drivel but I lost interest early on

11. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

agreed....im the same, the vitriol masks what could be good info

James1979 likes this.
  12. James1979 Member

The whole thing just reads like someone with a massive chip and multiple axes to grind!

There may be a common denominator. Well 2 if you count Ed!

13. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

She is now on LinkedIn commenting on welding wire....wrongly as it happens....so I have told her....obviously, she doesnt like being shown to be wrong.......so this is her comment "By the way I try to avoid discussions with Lincoln employees as it's a bit like chatting with Republicans"....whatever that means

Brad93 likes this.
  14. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

I think she has now blocked me....a true ass hole

15. James1979 Member

A disturbed individual by the sound of it!!

16. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

Strange one with a big chip on his/her shoulder.....when you question her technical knowledge the vitriol emerges...and she has some issues with Lincoln but wont say why...maybe turned down for a job

Talking complete rubbish about MIG wire and the silicon slag islands causing problems to car makers.....the biggest problem for car makers is spatter not slag.....slag is easily removed, spatter isnt....she obviously didnt know so she started saying that I (me) know nothing about welding etc etc

mtt.tr and James1979 like this.
  17. Steveblade

Steveblade Member

Its a bollox site, the process is perfect for automated repetative production and thats about all . I didnt read that much of it because of claims to know better than the likes of Lincoln, Essab etc (oh and their power sources are no good) also having all the answers to everything ever. A typical know it all know **** all. Theres no one process for everything. Tip tig would be as much use as a sparkler out on a North Sea rig likely even less.

18. Seadog

Seadog Forum Supporter

I think you mean arsehole :D

Woody.v8 likes this.
  19. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

No, shes American:laughing:

20. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

I was just looking at her website and this comment caught my eye........(Im a bit bored)

From Weldreality.com............."Every year in calm seas or what’s considered normal ocean weather, hundreds of ships will break apart, usually around the weld seams. One prime reason for the catastrophic ship structural failures is first and foremost, lack of ship yard front office weld process ownership. Poor yard supervision. Over size weld joints allowed that create oversize weld heat affected zones that weaken weld joints. Flux cored trapped slag and pores. Poor weld procedures that do not deal with the weld variables generated in the yard, procedures that enable poor and inconsistent weld fusion. And most important, ship yard welder training departments that are stuck in a 1980s time warp and are not aware of what weld process controls and best weld practices are. The Ship Building Industry has for decades had great potential to save many millions of dollars per-vessel on reduced weld rework and millions more on when they attain the weld process knowledge for improved weld productivity. All it takes is for the responsible mangers, engineers and supervisors to figure out their missing link and learn about the requirements for weld process ownership."

I tried to find the info.......in 2018 only 66 ships were lost and 4 or 5 broke in half and most of them were grounded (I assume that they were grounded before the broke in half) so under the circumstances she describes...there was ONE
    https://www.fleetmon.com/maritime-news/2019/26281/ships-losses-2018-how-many-ships-were-lost/

What a Bull Shitter

Munkul and Robbie260 like this.
Advertisements