Review Uprtime Mig160 IGBT 160 amp Mig welder MMA, Euro Torch.

1. PaulaT

PaulaT Member

I've been spending time and money trying to get a Silverline 427677 piece of poo going so i can learn basic welding. Maybe I should cut my losses and just get one of these little fellas?

• IMG_3012.jpeg
    • IMG_3013.jpeg
  2. miggie weld

miggie weld Member

yeah i have a sealey mighty mig 100 basically the same as yours, this welds so much better and easy and only cost £50 more. i just use co2 gas with mine from adams gas.

3. Greg05 Member

quick question which i know is a bit of an ask, any chance you can put a meter on the output of the welder when you are running it off a 13amp plug (or otherwise) so we can see what it is actually putting out. (also be interesting to compare it to the displayed value)
    cheers

4. Ruffian Member

@miggie weld
    Have you done much more welding with this machine??
    Thinking about getting rid of my bigger sealey super mig for one of these as much more portable?

Greg05 likes this.
  5. eddie49 Member

Ref. the 2.5mm2 soldered copper bar "fuse": I've just received this Email from the Supplier:

Dear Customer,
    We are writing to let you know that we have detected some safety issue with the 13A fuse supplied with some of the older version of one of our MIG welders-Uptime MIG 160A welders.
    We take the safety of our products very seriously and therefore recommend that you immediately change the fuse supplied with the welder with a standard 13A fuse if you are using the welder with the 13A plug supplied with the welder.
    If you require any further support, please do not hesitate to email us at uptimecmc@gmail.com – please remember to quote your name and order number on the email.
    Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
    Kind Regards,
    Uptime

6. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

Yes the wire feed is an improvement, but with your clarke it will go down to 30amps enabling you to work on thin tin, the one thing the cheaper inverters dont do , nice as it is the lowest setting is 50amps, a tad to hot for thin tin. So dont throw the clarke out yet !

7. choco

choco Member

ireland
    This machine goes down to 20amp ??

8. eddie49 Member

The data plate on this machine states "50 Amp to 180 Amp"; I think that this is a mistake.
    It is an inverter, controlled by a potentiometer labelled 0 to 10. I'm sure that if you start welding with the power control set at 0, the current will be less than 20 Amps.

9. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

I was going by the data plate, I would be suprised if when selling a machine that they would make such a simple mistake on a major selling point ? but translation doesnt always work eh. be interesting to know..set at lowest ,.8mm wire 1mm tin easy enough to check.

10. bwservices Member

its a very cheap Chinese welder,they make basic mistakes frequently

I tested one of these that had 20 amps more than the data plate claimed. on stick so less variables

arther dailey likes this.
  11. Richard Hall Member

So I actually ordered one of these a while ago it’s yet to turn up and I’ve tried numerous ways of contacting the seller but still nothing it’s now in the hands of Paypal. Which has left me out of pocket and back on the hunt for a welder !

Ordered mine direct from Uptime here

https://www.uptimewelding.co.uk/

My advice to folks wanting one would be to buy something else or risk loosing you money !

It’s a shame as it looks a nice bit of kit but only if you ever get what you payed for delivered to your door !

12. Tangledfeet

Tangledfeet #1 Fan of 3M's VHB tape

How long ago did you order it?

13. Richard Hall Member

I ordered 3 weeks ago waited a week heard nothing so sent an email heard nothing then phoned and it just goes to answer service been like that ever since emails messages via eBay phone calls messages via PayPal but no reply to any :dontknow:

Memmeddu likes this.
  14. Tangledfeet

Tangledfeet #1 Fan of 3M's VHB tape

Sorry to hear but at least you paid using PayPal and, in my experience, they're very good at supporting and backing the buyer; have you started to get your money back using the resolution centre?

Memmeddu likes this.
  15. Richard Hall Member

Yes started a claim but dare say it will take a while before I see my money back shame really as spec wise they do look good value for money

Memmeddu and Tangledfeet like this.
  16. dyno-tron

dyno-tron Member

That's a shame, I got mine a little while back when they dropped the price, it arrived a couple of days after ordering and has been great. I guess it's possible they ran out of stock but still take the orders (a bit naughty if they aren't up front about it!).

17. Memmeddu

Memmeddu Member

I waited for almost a month to have my welder at home from Poland
    A week for processing the order
    A week for PRODUCING IT test and delivery
    A week and 2 days for delivery
    Main board says November 2018 ,I bought it on November 15 or may 16

18. choco

choco Member

ireland
    Hows this welder going for you ??

19. choco

choco Member

ireland
    Iv ordered one of these from the eBay site on Monday. Looking forward to using it. I'll add a spool gun plug to it. Only thing is I ordered and paid for it on Monday . It's now Thursday and IV messaged the seller a few times for a time for shipping . But no response. :/

20. choco

choco Member

ireland
    Seller contacted me today saying it's been shipped with FedEx so happy days, I'm heading away with work for a month , once I get back I'll post pics. Plan is to check it over , check the board , soldering, connectors etc , add a spool gun switch and socket and maybe some other mods.

dyno-tron likes this.
Advertisements