TransSteel 2700c

1. Jim Davey

Jim Davey R H Davey Welding Supplies Ltd

I don’t think there is much wrong with either of those guns if they are used within their duty cycle.
    If people overdo it or abuse them then expect premature failure.
    However we convert a lot of MB25 users to M8 tips, explain that the shrouds are available in a resin insulated HD version and that if you twist the shroud clockwise as you fit it, and the same way when you remove it, the shroud retaining spring will last the life of the torch. It’s when people try and unscrew a shroud (a natural reaction) that the spring grips up, expands, then the tab at the end tears it’s way out of the brass retaining slot at the end of the spring groove.
    Don’t get me wrong, other torches like Tweco and Bernard are nice too, but they’ve all got problems, and most of the torch failures I see are not from faulty design, it’s just wear and tear or abuse.

Munkul likes this.
  2. Kalts Member

EWM distributor was the second I contacted. They have been the most concise in answers and EWM have made all information I looked for publicly available. Spare parts list is right there in the annex of the technical manual and everybody can read the warranty terms on their website. Not so for Selco/Böhler, CEA, ... registration walls everywhere, can't get even the damn manual for Böhler not to mention warranty terms. Ridiculous, what can be more public than warranty terms and technical manual.

I have already looked at Picomig 355 pulse and althought it's good it does not have any start/end crater fill functions, hot start and wireArc, no? No double pulse (superPulse?) as well. Seems that the flexibility is reserved for Phoenix series.
    I can get CEA Convex Mobile 255 Pulse for 1000€ less and it has all the flexibility. Not rational to get EWM after I made some tables cross-referencing capabilities. But otherwise I'd get EWM just for the fact that they make information publicly available and for best distributor response.

3. Jim Davey

Jim Davey R H Davey Welding Supplies Ltd

Sounds like if you want all that for the money you need to go second hand.

Advertisements