Testing out tig, no arc

1. seileren New Member

Jlg: Pretty sure I got it connected right :) I get an arc when touching the metal, but not by the HF spark itself.

Jlg likes this.
  2. Jlg

Jlg Member

Yes that sounds like it's conected wrong in the picture I posted you con we the torc conected to just that one conection its a gas and power conection it'll probably be 3/8 bsp if you get it conected like I say I'm going positive you'll get hf how you have it conected will only scratch start because you've got it conected to the mma side of it
    Mabey @Richard. can conferm that it's like I say

3. seileren New Member

TIG: I connect the (gnd) clamp to the DCEP (+) out (in the middle and empty in the picture you posted). Torch is connected to the gas outlet which is also ground (upper left in your pic), and hf switch from torch right next to that again (like in your pic). Also the tig/mma selecting switch is in the left/tig position like in the picture.

When going MMA I move the tig/mma selecting switch to right/stick position, put gnd clamp in DCEN (-), and electrode/stick holder to DCEP (+).

Jlg likes this.
  4. Jlg

Jlg Member

Can you post a picture of how it's setup

5. seileren New Member

Jlg likes this.
  6. seileren New Member

Jlg likes this.
  7. seileren New Member

Jlg likes this.
  8. Jlg

Jlg Member

I can't see anything wrong with how it's connected try cleaning all the torch and dinse conectors on the front with some contact cleaner because they look pretty manky they might be giving you a bad connection

Advertisements