They are not difficult to do.I just developed a technique that that works for me.
Been busy this afternoon. Getting there now.few more things to do.one of which I might have to ask a forum member to help me with.
Finished making a new Land Rover chassis from 5mm wall box section with the extension to make it a 6 wheeled vehicle, it was assembled on a jig and the basic chassis was welded solid. The various mounting brackets for everything from the suspension mountings to the fuel and water tanks were welded in, and the body mountings were welded in also., it has been primed with anti rust primer so it can be ground off again for any additional bracketry to be added if necessary.
Mate collected it tonight and will fit the engine and transmission as well as the custom suspension during the week to the tacked brackets, once they fit they will be seam welded.
Sounds intresting. You have any pictures. Be good to see.
Never bother with pictures, the nearest I get is CAD drawings.
1st step on a TIG pedal project:
Didn't get a lot done today but started on extension handles.
The Land Rover chassis returns, mate took it Saturday night and spent Sunday fitting it out for the mechanicals, engine and transmission fitted fine, front axle fine, front of the two rear axles fine, rear of the two axles fine until the wheels were fitted as they touched each other even with flat tyres.
I did point this our when I did the original CAD drawings but mate worked on standard suspension and wheel sizes, I worked on the basis of his modified suspension and the oversize wheels he intends fitting, but hey the rear axle mounts were only tacked on for fitting up. These were duly removed and re-tacked in what I deemed the correct position originally and aligned, fortunately mate ran back with the empty trailer and collected the rear axles and suspension which were fitted, and the wheels which were bolted on to check clearance. Once he found they fitted fine I zipped all the brackets up.
filed some lava
Nice. What is it your working on.
They look like bought uns ...
Pressing on now.still got loads to do.
would be good to see some pics of the build,
TIG pedal project continues. This picture shows the best TIG result so far that I've achieved. All went fine I thought, except at the end when I touched the rod to the electrode and things went wonky, otherwise I would've had two nice overlapping passes of stacked dime beads
Here's how I will mount the potentiometers for min and max amperage.
Finished fitting the scrolls to the gate
I would make the rings from the same material as the scrolls, Quite easily bent by hand using bending forks in the vice. Or fit horseshoes instead of circles, It would balance the Top shoe nicely
I like the horse shoe with no. in it,nice touch.Arther
Let set the scene.
My good neighbour was badly infected by ants this year. 8 separate nests, one nest was 1 meter wide. We dug it out to "Termite" it.
So This morning, happy as a lark, strong medication, strong espressos.
I made these.
^^ They could be used for removing wellies
The ol work station is in bit of a mess mate ain't it ))
Separate names with a comma.