Some buggy pics for Baloo

1. PhillipM

PhillipM Member

Rotherham
    Timed it back in again today because, as I thought earlier, it was off a bit from the previous issues....times the above video by two for how rude it sounds now!
    I got the vast majority of the low down fuelling and timing tweaked a lot closer too as the cold start settings yesterday turned out to be nigh-on perfect - so now there's no more stumbling - it certainly picks up on the throttle now!

My grin is getting bigger by the day :D

Shox Dr likes this.
  2. PhillipM

PhillipM Member

Rotherham
    Yep, still sat here making it go 'brrrummm' - re-timed the engine in since the other day, perked it up a bit. Next stop, get the bloody thing moving again so we can have a more interesting video....

A few pops for good measure (I was testing whether it needed some more fuel cut when you lift the throttle slightly....yes, yes it does... [​IMG])

stuvy, Woody.v8 and Shox Dr like this.
  3. stuvy

stuvy Member

Sounds cool as a cucumber

4. PhillipM

PhillipM Member

Rotherham
    How many horsepower does a cucumber make?

It sounds a lot different in person, the phone microphone is terrible at picking the noise up inside - I think it just overwhelms it, have to get it outside for the next video and see if that fixes it...

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  5. stuvy

stuvy Member

Youl have to publish your race calendar as if it’s local to me I’d love to come and watch.

Cucumbers are like stickers they add 5bhp surely you knew that...

Ruffian likes this.
  6. PhillipM

PhillipM Member

Rotherham
    I'm a bit more worried about where you stick them. At least the stickers just go on the panels.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  7. PhillipM

PhillipM Member

Rotherham
    I know, I said I wouldn't post another one, the next one would be it on it's wheels outside, but I just wanted to finish things off before we took the engine out for a spanner check, oil change, loctite session, etc.....plus, I found this shiny red button....well, you've got to press a shiny red button - it's the rules.

And look, I even treated you to a different camera angle for the first 20 seconds for a change, I'm too nice to you lot.

slim_boy_fat and stuvy like this.
  8. PhillipM

PhillipM Member

Rotherham
    I think the moment you start realising you may have OCD over the build is when you find yourself in the middle of making your own custom circlips....

[​IMG]

... I need a new hobby. :D

slim_boy_fat, galooph and stuvy like this.
  9. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

And I thought I was a sad person......:scared: :D

Dieselkid 63 and PhillipM like this.
  10. PhillipM

PhillipM Member

Rotherham
    Oh, we can sadder...colour coded driveshafts?
    Yes, not content with being the fashion leaders with colour-coded brakepads, we're now forging the way for the Next Hot Thing™ of 2019 - colour coded driveshafts, you saw them here first:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a quick picture to show how well the combination of the Spiralox circlips and the counterbored CV stars work - there's no way in hell it's knocking those circlips off!

[​IMG]

11. PhillipM

PhillipM Member

Rotherham
    Shock adjuster housings roughed out, everything seems to work okay, needed a little fine tuning for o-ring clearances:

[​IMG]

Anyway, back on the lathe for a debur, tweak the clearances and make it slightly less clunky looking:

[​IMG]

And the final article, I might shorten it slightly yet as I found some smaller fittings for the rear end:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next stop, some new o-rings, reassemble and put them back on the car. Doesn't sit very well with only one set of rear dampers and springs on :D

Dcal, stuvy, Woody.v8 and 4 others like this.
  12. PhillipM

PhillipM Member

Rotherham
    Went OTT and made some for the front dampers too - they're still dry at the moment anyway as they're getting rebuilt shorter - problem is now I need to re-shim/valve and tweak the adjust internals to work with the smaller shafts (otherwise they don't blow off early enough on the high speed compression, and don't generate enough pressure against the smaller shafts either).
    Need to print some clamps to piggyback them onto the front dampers too....you'd think we'd have learnt about altering one thing turning into 3 other jobs by now....

Ruffian and stuvy like this.
  13. PhillipM

PhillipM Member

Rotherham
    Nothing happened on the car for a while, mainly because we're both flat out with other work, but had a big clear out and can finally see the floor in the front of the workshop again:

Workshop.jpg

...although that was mainly because Eddy dropped on some new toys cheap, it's like christmas come early - all wired in and ready to go:

NewToyshydraulicpressbreak.jpg NewToysTubenotchersaw.jpg

Advertisements