No worries mate, definitely a worthy build. Good luck with the rest of the project.
Hello everyone.. time has been flying past and with a toddler thrown into the mix its been tricky keeping on top of my threads (i do however keep an eye on whats going on and have to say theres some great stuff on here.. langy especially is doing super stuff!!
Anyhow.. a quick copy and paste catch up..
A few more little jobs being worked thru as and when i get time..
A while back i had a call from the satchell boys asking if i could do some laser cutting for them ASAP, which of course, i happily obliged.. the parts were for a reinforcing kit for the rear wishbone pickup on the shell..
Well.... i got a set cut for myself while i did them...
These need welding in and the tubes cut down..
The wiper motor was terminated to fit in with the harness, the original sleeving cut off and replaced with DR25.. i noticed where the wires come out of the sealing compound on the unit the wire insulation has broken away exposing bare wires, i mentioned this to Sean and he's left me some Raychem.. errr.. gunk.. that i need to mix up and smear over it all to reseal and reinforce the wires..
After going thru all the lighting and ancillary circuits and ticking them off.. it was time to look at the engine bay side of things..
I still need to input the data for the KAsensors air temp and the oil pressure sensors.. i'm also waiting on a gasket for the fuel cell top plate so holding off putting petrol in..
But i can confirm it cranks over and is firing... so thats a good sign!!!
Before i can fill the tank... i needed a gasket for the top plate.. so a call to ATL saw that sorted.. while i was waiting i drew up a new nutring in CAD, had it laser cut at work.. fitted new hex shank nutserts.. and grabbed some bolts and washers.. a few different types so i can see what i prefer the look of.. lol.. this is why things take so long!! Most of the parts I MAKE!!! And even the tiny details cause me hours of thought!!
Ive also finalised the last 3 power cables i need making so they can get underway too.. just need to order a 90° terminal...
I also threw the SpecialistComponents and RaceTechnology software onto the laptop and had a play...
Then got scared and decided to leave it to someone else!!!
The final power cables have been made from some super flexi 25mm2 cable...
Master switch to bulkhead
Bulkhead to starter
Starter to alternator
All dr25 sleeved and of course with THAT connector..
Then bits fell off...
Its a bugger when that happens..
Anyhow, got the revised tow strap anchor fully welded:
Where the 2 connecting bars for the gear linkage pass thru the bulkhead i welded 2 spigot tubes so i can fit gaiters to seal it up:
Finally, finished up the bias pedalbox.. after a bit of trial and error the mock up pedal was remade, jig'd and fabricated:
So after a morning at 'work work' i popped down the folks to do some 'work'
Got the shell spun over and the exhaust hangers welded fully- forgot pics though sorry..
Handbrake reinforcing plate was next. The one i had made was a bit heavy and didnt fit that well.. so..
1.5mm bit of crgp sheet:
A bit of stepdrill/hammering/cutting disc:
Stitched + nuts welded on:
Got those big ass plates that secure the rear seatbelts cut off and cleaned up:
And the list was updated!!:
Chassis rail notched out to clear the moved over MA
Thats about where i am at the minute.... have a good new year folks....
Turret/Wishbone braces are in:
Brake pipe brackets and mountings are in:
Captive nut has been welded under the brace tube to allow fitting of the satchell lower brace...
For what dude??? Haha
Well then doorbar gussets FINALLY got welded in place..
It aint perfect but its ok...
Then i spotted a potential future mod on the V8 my dads involved with.. a very compact alternator apparently 85A output.. will grab some details next visit...
Got me gussets.....
Also decided to bung up all the factory floorpan holes and in a moment of laziness got laser cutter fired up at work and chopped out some discs to make my life a bit easier...
Remember them discs??
Got the floor holes filled in:
Then got a load more cut at 20mm round and with the aid of a step drill started going round the inner wings opening everything up to 20mm and plugging them all up:
Finally bit the bullet and took the lip RIGHT off the scuttle area too, the cage blocks off the std drain points so there was a risk of the scuttle becoming a bird bath:
Finally, the wishbone gusset things are all welded in:
Brace yaself... its a biggy...
Spits out! (Just like your missus):
As always Robin Hunter was called in to move the shell with his covered trailer, and it was fitted up on the spit:
Then Zane and his 2 helper set to on the underside, my prep work saved him a lot of time (and me money) and after a bit of thinners and scotchbrite was applied the bay and underside was in the bay for a coat of etch and 2 coats of high build primer..
Monday should see fresh seam sealer thrown down then stonechip in the arches and a few litres of blue+laquer..
Great to see more progress on this , mega build
I have to hand it to him.. Zane @ZLS really can throw some paint down!!
Separate names with a comma.