R tech mig 180

1. Tom Orrow L

Tom Orrow L Welding Supplies Direct

Good kit, not a massive presence in the U.K. anymore.

2. julianthegypsy Member

@tazmantic , exactly this. I'm running around 130-140 amps, doing runs up to 60cm long, and the MB15 torch is right on its limits, and has to be de-jabberwocked constantly and given a rest. The bigger torch handles it comfortably.

Tom Orrow L and tazmantic like this.
  3. tazmantic Member

So do people buy the touch from R-tech or somewhere else? If from R-tech what model as they do a couple.....

Thanks

4. julianthegypsy Member

They have a choice of two MB25 torches as far as I remember. You can pay a bit extra to have one fitted when you buy the machine. I had a spare one lying around in the workshop.

5. mechman Member

Any idea why? I've had mine about 40 years , I've had a few problems with it as you would because of age but you rarely see them advertised. I've tried dealing with their ( Richard Head )advice dept maybe they're falling on their own sword. (pittard or whatever)

6. Tom Orrow L

Tom Orrow L Welding Supplies Direct

Iirc, they’ve only got one rep in the U.K. with not much in the way of service any more. For there to be any significant sales into large company’s / industrial users the needs to be support, both in the way of fixing things and also technical info.

Yamhon likes this.
  7. mechman Member

I tried talking to their tech Dept once and only once, may as well of been talking to a hat rack.

8. Munkul Member

Cumbria, UK
    That's the impression I get as well - quality machines, but not prepared to put a proper dealer/backup network in the UK any more.

To be fair, the UK market is pretty saturated with welding machines from top to bottom of the market, now.

The MB25 is a really decent sized torch that's fully usable for small stuff as well as having a good bit more capacity than the MB15. I can't think of any application where an MB15 would be better... it's not much bigger physically.

9. tazmantic Member

Advertisements