Project #2...Nissan Figaro

1. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

Well almost there now...I have 3 little bits of chrome to fit.

Did the final cut and polish today...looks pretty good I think. Last pic is closer to the true colour...bloomin phone camera!

• IMG_20190511_183215176.jpg
    • IMG_20190511_183223634.jpg
    • IMG_20190511_183324030.jpg
  2. Looking good PD2. Car is gorgeous.

stuvy likes this.
  3. stuvy

stuvy Member

Just out of interest, any idea of what it’s cost you in parts?

Iv been offered one very cheap but it’s a mess

4. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

@Pigeon_Droppings2'll do it up for you, he has vast experience. :scared: :laughing:

stuvy likes this.
  5. stuvy

stuvy Member

And does a bloody good job too

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  6. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

....very cheap in my book would need to be around £1000 or less. We paid £1,400 for this one which had a good engine and a good interior (we have a second one to restore and that was £1,200 but the engine I fear is toast as is the interior....good chrome thought)....the rest of it was a total mess.

You have to be careful with these....the chrome and the interior bits are very expensive....as are some of the body panels like the rear boot lid.

To get the car up to the paint stage including the car (and replacing a load of bits along the way) I reckon I must be in it for £5,000 not including MrC on the paint job.

If you guys are interested in the costings I've got a book somewhere so I could do a summary....would give people a good idea I guess.

Most of these are worth more in parts than they are worth saving....but who knows....in 10 year that might be different.

So how good a price were you offered?

stuvy likes this.
  7. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

Don't worry about the running gear (suspension & brakes etc) as they are cheap as chips....mostly Nissan Micra MK1.

That cup holder goes for £250....so if it has a cup holder it might be worth having the car just for that!

Chrome bumpers front and back = £900 ish
    That chrome strip that runs down the rear quarters....£300+ second hand if you can find a good one!

Bloomin wing mirrors are £120 a pair for scabby ones!

stuvy likes this.
  8. stuvy

stuvy Member

9. mylesdw

mylesdw Member

New Zealand
    Sounds like a 3D printer job.

Pigeon_Droppings2 likes this.
  10. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

There are a few folk who do knock offs in fibreglass but they are still not cheap (same with the bumpers but they look rubbish)

Stuvy....£500 is cheap as chips.....you could break it for parts and make money on that (I know an idiot who bought 2 of these to restore and is always looking for parts!)

Post some pictures if you have them?

The hardest bit to repair is under the rear lights inside the boot I think....I reckon that would scrap most cars on the market.

Exuptoy, slim_boy_fat and stuvy like this.
  11. Spot the welders dog

Spot the welders dog Member

Hey @Pigeon_Droppings2 you have alot to answer for since your adventures into the Figaroathon started - I'm noticing 'em everywhere now!
    Two started to appear in my road, one was the same colour as this one above but had issues like yours. Had almost the same damage to the boot and sill.
    Second one was a 'nappy puke' colour and filthy. One day I was beside it when it started up - smoke appeared from all around the car and it farted a few times then clunked and chufed its way down the road in a haze of oil.
    Kept thinking "Wow, PD2 says that its big bucks to replace this and that but I bet he still would have a go"

Lovely job!

PS: Mr C sounds like a keeper, get a ring on that finger as soon as :D

12. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

Yea I think the parts situation is actually artificially inflated......from what I see there is some serious parts hoarding going on at the moment with people just sitting on the parts until they get what they want. So if you want a drivers window switch then it's £200 or you don't have one!

I've notices that cars come up for sale around the £1,000 mark and then are immediately bought (I think by the same people sitting on the parts).

It's pretty much the usual situation with any old car thats rare I think....eventually they parts become so expensive that people start making reproductions and the bottom falls out of the original parts market!

mechman and stuvy like this.
Advertisements