One for the millers

1. jordhandson Member

Ah yes Cheers MattH for them saw blade looking cutters thanks will look some more to see if its any good to my mill :thumbup:

2. MattH

MattH Member

Can also be used for involute gear cutters, very helpful for making up replacement gears.

jordhandson likes this.
  3. Seadog

Seadog Forum Supporter

Or, very likely, slitting saws.

jordhandson and eLuSiVeMiTe like this.
  4. MattH

MattH Member

Slitting saw arbours are generally much shorter, really just a stub arbour with a cap held on with a central screw. This is a milling cutter arbour but can obviously be used for slitting saws.

jordhandson likes this.
  5. jordhandson Member

Cheers for the info just watched a vid on he tube It could be a useful holder with the right cutters,
    Thanks

6. Tiggy_dorset

Tiggy_dorset It looks just like a bought one!

That mill looks like a proper gem :thumbup:

jordhandson likes this.
  7. pressbrake1

pressbrake1 Forum Supporter

essex england
    Depends on how big your slitting saws are and how far down on a job the cut is. Traditional stub arbors for slitting saws are too short!

8. pressbrake1

essex england
    0E5D88AC-4261-466A-8101-8857D118DD75.jpeg very useful arbors, this is a pic of when I did some machining on Spencer427 lathe saddle

eLuSiVeMiTe, MattH and Seadog like this.
  9. jordhandson Member

Cheers Pressbrake thats just what I needed a picture says a thousand word thanks

Got a question for you Pressbrake would you happen to know the spindle horsepower or torque of my mill cheers

10. pressbrake1

essex england
    Have a look on your motor
    I recon five hp

11. jordhandson Member

Cheers:thumbup: wasnt sure if the motor hp was different to the spindle, ive been looking at the online feeds and speed calculators and they all want spindle hp.

Thanks Jord

12. jordhandson Member

Nearly forgot any recommendation on Soluble Metal Cutting Oil or Coolant White Water Fluid I usually get me oils from Smiths allen I see they also do a cutting oil any thoughs?

Jord

13. jordhandson Member

Hi Pressbrake I got me bible, arrived yesterday I managed to get a 10th edition £15 quid thanks for the tip makes sense now :thumbup:

SEP_0116.JPG

pressbrake1 likes this.
  14. jordhandson Member

Finally got the mill so as not to throw hot chips everywhere, I was skip dipping a while back, not some thing i normally do but on this occasion I couldn't resist pulled out approx 30 galvanized sheets 2-3mm thick 10 foot by 2 foot wide brand new I think they were origianlly for making electrical switch gear cupboards, anyway back to the posting, I made a bottom and rear shelf out of one of the sheets today whilst making some T nuts, no mess and no burns. woop woop

SEP_0492.JPG SEP_0505.JPG SEP_0495.JPG SEP_0493.JPG

15. jordhandson Member

Used today for the first time its going to speed up my tapping although I dont think it reversing :thumbup:

Hood likes this.
  16. Paul in Wiltshire New Member

I presume you have found that there is a lot of information including 2HL parts and operators manuals here?:
    http://www.vintagemachinery.org/mfgIndex/detail.aspx?id=2098&tab=3

I have a K&T 2D from the 1960’s, ex Oxford University. But don’t tell Pressbrake, as I think he was going to buy it. It’s a fantastic machine, extremely rigid and with a very useful rotary head.

If Pressbrake really is worried about his K&T mill going to the scrap yard, I’m happy for him to write me into his will.

eLuSiVeMiTe likes this.
  17. pressbrake1

essex england
    Im still cross about that and you bring it up again!
    Looking forever for a 2d and find one 3 miles from my house and have a motorcycle accident before the auction finished :mad:

Never mind my k&t paul w , Im waiting for you to die to get my 2d back!!:thumbup:

18. jordhandson Member

Just watched a video on the K&T 2D nice mill that rotary head is very useful well done:thumbup:

Advertisements