Old Workshop - Lathe & Drill

1. GSR Member

So it’s all up and running and have managed to have a play with it this afternoon. I had enough timber in stock to knock a bench up for it. Once the workshop is extended (probably spring now due to this new lockdown and lack of earnings!) I will build a strong steel bench for it. E99D82D4-0245-4A3B-BFEE-EF9E883BA2B9.jpeg
    C4B4D8BA-B522-469F-AC1A-AD0B39FF77D0.jpeg

MattF likes this.
  2. Screwdriver

Screwdriver Forum Supporter

UK London
    interesting how you have the motor mounted. One assumes once it's in a permanent position, the motor can be mounted off a wall or perhaps the leg of the stand?

3. GSR Member

The leg of the stand seems to be the logical solution for the motor mounting, although the brackets it came with means it must have been fitted up like this before. For simplicity of getting it running and see if I can actually do anything useful with the lathe, I went with it as it is.

4. MattF

MattF Member

It would, originally, likely have had a cast iron baseplate which those two were mounted upon.

5. GSR Member

I did look at using the second hole on the stand for the motor, or consider using a longer shaft that goes through the stand and the motor mounting bracket so it’s all aligned on a single shaft.

MattF likes this.
  6. MattF

MattF Member

Advertisements