noddy's project

1. HughF

HughF Member

Work: Dorchester, Workshop: Corfe Castle, Wife's place: Frome
    Yeah 8k was a bit optimistic, can't recall what they rev to normally, but maybe more like 7k is a more realistic option. I've considered a turbo'd gs motor, but I'm going to turbo up the 602cc first, just because I can really, and I want something to get up to speed on megasquirt on. When I have blown up a few of those then I might go for something bigger.

I want a Citroen Dyane van really with a turbo'd gs motor in it. It's easier to fit a GS engine/box combo into a dyane as they're longer.

I've been reading up on this for many years now, and now I've got some funds together and got my megasquirt kit, it's time to have a play!

My 2cv is running (well, it will be eventually, I started this project in 1999!) on an original rust free ami8 chassis with a new bulkhead and custom made floors. It has the oversized ami8 suspension tubes and I've left the front anti roll-bar attached (not to sure what will happen - I've been told it will increase the understeer but it might make it 'feel' stiffer).

It has only 2 seats at the mo, and will be lowered (not to much, don't want to have to cut and re-weld my front arms - those in the know will understand!), also will run on continental 135/55-15's, smart car low profiles!

Should be fun, I'll take some photos soon.

And yeah, I've got about 5 spare engines/boxes awaiting!

Hugh

2. noddy1 Member

haha nut case i thought i was bad trying 200bhp with 165/50/15 lol
    in a car that thats close to a ton lol

3. Alex Member

North West Kent
    Have you considered a powerful motorbike engine, like a 1300cc haya busa, It would fit easily in the engine bay I would have thought.

4. HughF

HughF Member

Work: Dorchester, Workshop: Corfe Castle, Wife's place: Frome
    Yeah considered all the bike engine options but I just don't want to go down that road tbh. If I wanted something that was fast and handled well I'd just do my bike test and get a busa lol!

I want to keep it 'citroen'

H

5. t'rusty duck Member

nr. Selby, UK
    Hugh,
    since it looks as though you've got the Citroen bug almost as bad as me, I wonder if this item currently on fleabay would be of interest. It's # 190114774928.
    Since I've been selling replacement 'A' series chassis for quite a while now, I'm sure that this would be the best approach to installing a GS powertrain into a Deuche. ( An Acadiane chassis _is_ longer than one for a 2CV/Dyane/Ami/AK400 btw, but the extra bit is all behind the front axle which doesn't help too much... ;) )
    Ken.

Advertisements