noddy's project

1. noddy1 Member

this is my little baby i got it as my run around 4 years ago just fell in love with so started working on it
    [​IMG]
    this is how it has stayed since i got it

so i thought it was about time i give it some love so i did this

[​IMG]

and fitted a lupo gti engine 1.6 16v
    [​IMG]
    i have started fitting a supercharger from a mini cooper S
    [​IMG]
    am putting that on hold for now think should get it up
    and runnig first

so wanna get on with getting rid of the washer and header tanks so to thought i would smooth the bay

this is how i end up here i have a few welding jobs i need to do like fitting mk5 golf gti seats in the car and mounts for the washer bottle and battery in the spair wheel well and the big job my engine bay i will keep this updated as i go along hope you like ;)
    . this is not going to be a max power style car so dont worry :laughing:

2. Welderpaul

Welderpaul Moderator Staff Member

My little babies are those big long round things in the background of picture one!

3. Alex Member

North West Kent
    I see you got an old style scroll blower on their aswell, man thats gonna shock a lot of boy racers when they try you off the lights.

I'm not going to ever race blue Lupos off the light from now on.

4. noddy1 Member

haha welll we think we can run 200bhp so should be lots of fun picking on saxo's and the like :laughing:

5. Alex Member

North West Kent
    You must be looking at about 14 psi of pressure then for that kind of power. What compression ratio are you dropping to for that?

Are you sure your engine can cope with that kind of boost, i'd be a little careful.

6. noddy1 Member

well a friend is running 210bhp with a rotrex charger and has for 3 years now so the engine can take it to get it i will be running motec m4 and the rev limit taken to 8000rpm and to drop the compression will be running a cooper spacer plate same as my friends car

7. Alex Member

North West Kent
    You should be pretty good then. A rotrex is quite common these days, why dont you use a turbo charger, they really do have much more suprise at hand than a supercharger.

8. noddy1 Member

theres a lot more custom work in it and the can come in a bit hard for the gearbox to

9. marknotgeorge

marknotgeorge Doing sums for a living since 2009.

Derby, UK
    What are you doing for brakes & suspension mods? You'll definitely need those, although it'd be great if you could keep it looking stock.

Last edited: May 14, 2007
  10. noddy1 Member

i'm running golf g60 280mm discs with fast road pads and i have coilovers and a gti anti roll bar to help with corners lol

11. HughF

HughF Member

Work: Dorchester, Workshop: Corfe Castle, Wife's place: Frome
    Awesome awesome awesome, a man after my own heart... My megasquirt kit arrives later this week, project turbo 2cv has been resurrected!

H

12. noddy1 Member

haha thats ace what sort of power do you think you can get from the 2cv then

13. Lippyp Member

Lancashire UK
    I could pop that in the back of the chevy instead of a spare tyre!

14. HughF

HughF Member

Aiming for a doubling in power, up to arround 60bhp from 602cc...

IHI RHB32 diesel turbo from a isuzu 1500 (corsa/nova lump) big IC.

Hugh

15. Lippyp Member

Lancashire UK
    I don't know what a 2cv engine revs to but won't a turbo from a diesel be designed to run at much lower revs than a petrol engine meaning it'll run out of puff at the top end?

16. HughF

HughF Member

1500cc diesel, revs to say 5k, 602cc petrol revs to 8k, similar... It's been done before!

H

17. Haze

Haze is it can be hugs tiem ?

West London
    i remember seeing a supercharged 2CV in bristol, and another on the telly years previously.

cool

18. t'rusty duck Member

nr. Selby, UK
    Hugh,
    I hope you've got a good supply of spare crankshafts if you're planning to set 8k as the red line for a 2CV motor...
    It's the annual 24 hour bash at Snetterton next w/e, btw.
    Ken
    ( Apologies for lack of welding content, but no doubt that will be redressed shortly when my Portamig 211 arrives. ;) )

19. Alex Member

North West Kent
    And crankcases for when the conrod flies off the crank and smashes a hole in it.

You would get valve bounce before any of that though unless you upgrade the head also. Sounds like a lot of work, have you considered a new more powerful engine whilst still retaining the body etc.

20. Lippyp Member

Lancashire UK
    I once saw a 2CV with a big block chevy, pro street style, rear axle was narrowed so much the tyres only had about a foot gap between them. I think it was more of a 2CV body dropped over a spoaceframe chassis however.

Advertisements