New (to me Mig)

1. Richard.

Richard. Member

Let’s not forget we ain’t maxed out yet.
    Still got voltage setting 8 to go if I ever get a supply man enough for it. Matched up with the right wire speed and a 1mm wire I see no reason why 230 amps couldn’t be achieved

2. Richard.

Richard. Member

Far too much effort.
    I see what your saying but I do think unlike most welders this one is understated.
    My Fronius magic wave 200 amp tig set puts out 194 at the top. The tweco 220 does 216. At least the cebora punches above it’s weight for a change.

3. Richard.

Richard. Member

Yes

4. Richard.

Richard. Member

Constant current too

5. roofman

roofman Purveyor of fine English buckets and mops

Good enough that Snap-on re-badge them then add a load of money to the price...Ive also owned a 130 and it was a cracking welder.

Richard. likes this.
  6. Richard.

Richard. Member

It’s a blinking powerful set.
    Swapped over to a C type today to utilise stage 7 out of 8 on the voltage settings. It sprays a 0.8 wire effortlessly. Cranked her up to 8 and gave it a few short blasts and it’s carving through steel with out tripping but I don’t want to push it too far 7 is plenty as it’s exceeding the 200 amp mark spraying a 0.8 wire.
    Speaking of wire this stuff that came with it is going in the skip
    It’s awful. I’ll grab a spool of quality gear this week.
    All these on 5 and 6mm plate fillet joints. It bit in to this very nicely but I wouldn’t go any thicker for a sound weld.
    I’m so used to big 3 phase machines I thought a 200 amp Mig would be a poxy thing but it’s not. It’s a powerful tool.

• 3EF50171-DDB7-42AD-97F6-9EBFBD2468D9.jpeg
    • 4BDE25B2-0399-40F4-9E4A-9E39A91DE536.jpeg
    • 03235979-1C8C-4D5A-AC41-899DFF9B9751.jpeg
    dazza and Ruffian like this.
  7. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    Wow, I can't even put silicone sealer in that neatly.

jenki and Richard. like this.
  8. Richard.

Richard. Member

No not yet. Tell you what you soon go through steel peeing about with a Mig. I’ll get some 6mm bar from work and weld them at the appropriate wire speeds for voltage settings 6,7 and 8. Then I’ll chop em up and see how much it bites.
    Yeah I’ve found it sings best at 2mm steel voltage 5 wire speed 5
    3mm voltage 6 wire speed 7
    5/6mm voltage 7 wire speed 7.8
    6mm voltage 8 wire speed 8.5 (too much for supply I’d imagine but didn’t push it to trip so not sure).

Ian James likes this.
  9. Richard.

Richard. Member

Got some runs to etch now. 6mm ground bars arranged in a fillet joint. 26 volts (setting 8) maxed out. peaked at 219 amps
    Did a little tuning in for vertical too. (Last picture)Lower run was a little high on wire speed. Dropped her down a touch and went in for the upper run which wet in much nicer.
    Got the runs in the flat spot on to size. 6mm leg for a 6mm fillet. Bob on!!
    Let’s see what the etches come out like tomorrow. It certainly felt like it was biting well.
    All round fusion is what I’m looking for on this joint.

• 8EE5FF49-F75F-4900-A693-0A8B25AE79EB.jpeg
    • D34016D9-428C-42EC-82D7-17001A8DC9DC.jpeg
    • 9992B107-4CF7-42DF-9A31-27FC76ACDA86.jpeg
    • 512DDED7-E6EC-4AF4-9001-2AB569E76260.jpeg
    Richiew and Hood like this.
  10. Ian James Member

Richard interesting to see the volts and wire speed running close together I am finding the same with the RTec it's something I never noticed on my old welder with push buttons and a dial for wire speed

Richard. likes this.
  11. Richard.

Richard. Member

I don’t think the numbers represent anything tbh. The wire speed could be m/min but it doesn’t say so I’d have to measure it. Volts are just switched stages. They tend to go up in 2-3 volt increments.

dannyp and Ian James like this.
  12. arther dailey Member

So you will be parting out that old tig you got quite cheap now then:laughing:

13. Richard.

Richard. Member

The mw2000?? Not a chance. It wasn’t cheap it was a fair deal for a 23 year old unit on borrowed time. It’s going nowhere :thumbup:

14. arther dailey Member

:laughing::laughing::laughing::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Richard. likes this.
  15. Richard.

Richard. Member

Not the greatest etching I’ll admit that. Bit rushed with more pressing things and I haven’t polished this to a good enough standard to show a proper detailed etch
    But you can see enough that’s for sure. It’s fused really nicely. This is maxed out mind. I wouldn’t deem it suitable for properly welding any thicker.
    People say there 180 migs are suited to 10mm steel but a splat is very different to fusion.

• 2F5AFE4B-C7CD-4F82-BE3E-934602967FD6.jpeg
    Richiew and Hood like this.
  16. arther dailey Member

all sorted now you know its capabilities eh, cebora are underated as tools,price wise a good second hand unit are one of the best re performance/spec/price.

17. Richard.

Richard. Member

Yes mate that’s 6mm flat bar.
    Yes I quite agree it’s bit into that nicely but it’s on its absolute max settings and it’s not going to weld much thicker to a proper standard unless you start adding preps.

18. Kent

Kent Member

A bet it pops the trip for fun if you run a load of tacks fast though

19. Richard.

Richard. Member

We are on a C20 now so should should cope ok with the majority of its need. Yes immediate surges are where it’s likely to trip I’d imagine.

Kent likes this.
Advertisements