,,New'' , old toy. Refurbished Migatronic 200 mono

1. johnser

johnser Member

[​IMG]

Here ya go - doesn't drill down into settings but interesting all the same.

Don't know, but I do know the 12position switch on mine was really graunchy, so I had the bright idea to dismantle and rebuild. Lots of scope for messing that job up but pleased I did it.

... On the subject of switches; what's the extra switch at the top of the panel on the lower unit that's been put in? A separate on/off switch?

a111r likes this.
  2. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

wow, you managed to get it back together then, perserverance eh, thats a victory then

johnser likes this.
  3. johnser

johnser Member

Yea, it was pretty logical really, just lots of pretty small, sprung components to loose. Another time, I think I'd try to loosen it off a touch and work the switch in some solvent (maybe even just soapy water), blasting intermittently blasting out with an airline. Might achieve the same with none of the stress!

arther dailey and a111r like this.
  4. stanbester Member

Sorry for late replay, plenty on my head atm.
    I start with burnback question, I think it does make a difference when when I turn the pot but it's not a big change. I like as it is so I wasn't really changing it often. It must be common for old migatronic welders as I'm using 325 compact at work and it's doing exactly the same as mine.
    Small extra switch is power on/off switch. I didn't want to go through steps every time I'd want to turn it on or off.
    Talking about power selector switch, yes it can burn windings if it's faulty. Mine had one cam stuck and slipped on the shaft causing two pairs of contacts connecting at the same time so one section of primary coil was in a short circuit so it burned. I think old switch became very stiff and one of previous owners turned it by force with pliers ( I found traces on handle)

Rig Pig, johnser and a111r like this.
  5. johnser

johnser Member

Thanks for that, I just replaced both burnback and wirefeed pots. The wirefeed was definitely duff - it had been degrading slowly and I hadn't realised just how rubbish the machine was welding. Still not sure if the burnback does anything but it doesn't really matter.

Good idea with the on/off switch. I just use the wall switch but if that wasn't an option, rolling the main one round the steps would be tedious.

Thanks for the help

6. stanman Member

romford england
    Excellent job mate. Makes me want to clean my mono auto Mig up!

stanbester likes this.
  7. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

@stanman theres a 3 phase migatronic on ebay(or was) similar more powerefull kit, thought it would be ideal for you of you have 3 ph supply...in need of tlc obviously and the right sort of monies

8. stanbester Member

I haven't got 3phase, wish I had. I'll have a look at eBay tonight, thanks for info

arther dailey likes this.
Advertisements