My own Kempotig 250 AC/DC problems

1. Edgard New Member

Dear good afternoon friends, I am writing for help, I hope it is possible, I recently bought a Kempotig 250 AC / DC I love it is a monster my daughter baptized as Godzilla, everything seems to work well but I have the problem that there is no gas, I thought it could be selenoid since it was intervened (loose screws) replace it with another one of a kemppi 2800 mastertig that is working but I still have no gas output, medium voltage with tester at the output of the connectors and it is 14 volts. but the selenoid that had installed indicates that it operates with 24 Volts DC, the one that I put of my other kemppi 2800 also indicates that it operates with 24 Volts. DC. The query is if that solenoid is 24 volts. DC is the right one?
    The reading of 14 Volts. in the connection terminals is fine ?? or it is too low, I assume that the selenoid will never work with 14 volts. then they should be 24 so that this works well.
    Attentive to your comments, and greetings.
    Torch is ok, switch operate ok.

• SELENOIDE.jpg
  2. Richard.

Richard. Member

I don’t know what it actually needs originally voltage wise but if everything else works perfectly apart from that then I’d suggest you just bang a 12v solenoid in there.
    14v is probably a bit low to get the 24v rated one charged to open the gate.

3. Edgard New Member

Dear Ricardo, I am in agreement with your indication and I am already looking for in the national market with few alternatives the truth, I will have it that matters, I am worried that the 24 volts. is the original and that there really is a voltage drop for some bad reason, there is no technical manual to have more details, wrote to MASTER Andy Doe but I did not receive a response yet, I hope the 12 volts selenoid. Resist work and do not get hurt.
    Thanks for your help Ricardo a greetings.

4. Pete.

Pete. Member

Put the suspect solenoid in the good machine. If it opens then the problem is with the Kempotig, not the solenoid.

5. Edgard New Member

Put the suspect solenoid on the good machine. If it opens, then the problem is with the Kempotig, not with the solenoid.

Friend Pete, which indicates that it is a good test, to do this I must go to a friend who was the one who lent the selenoid in good condition of his (kemppi 2800 TIG)

OBS: this was sent to me by Rapidwelding friends:

The solenoid of this machine works with 24V. What is the input voltage of the machine chosen for? This machine will operate in 240v and 415v. If the machine is set to 415v and tested in a 240V supply, this may have the fault it has. Voltage options links are below the top cover of the machine.

In my country the electrical network is 220 volts, I must see how the machine is configured.

6. Pete.

Pete. Member

That would seem to be a good idea, my old Cebora had a transformer tap that had to be moved if you changed the supply voltage. Pull the cover off it and have a look inside - it should be pretty obvious.

7. Edgard New Member

Sure enough, I saw the configuration but at the same time I did not see it :p today I'll see later and take pictures and comment.

8. Edgard New Member

Dear good day estimated, I send photo of the current configuration that have the machine, please your comments about it. Greetings.

• P_20190401_202420.jpg
  9. Edgard New Member

Solution to the problem, must be connected according to 220-240 configuration in the two bridges, in this way the solenoid will receive an adequate voltage of 24 Volts so that the selenoid operates in a good way !!
    I close case greetings.

Advertisements