Mobile phone not iphone recomendations

1. gaz1

gaz1 Forum Supporter

im still using my samsung s3 mini that ive had for years now

slim_boy_fat and Maker like this.
  2. MCKDAVID Member

@8ob pretty much the same reasons I went for this one, agreed it's not the most discrete of phones, but it suits my needs, and frankly I'm not a fan of phones in general, to me it's just another tool, i really only use for work so needs to be robust more than discrete (fragile)....

works fine, and at the price I could have 4 or 5 before I got to anywhere near the Iphone prices..

3. sardine

sardine Member

I'm looking for a new basic unlocked touchscreen phone , I only pay around £30 for my phones as they get busted in no time and I only use them for texts, calls, camera and occasionally the WIFI if I want a food voucher when I'm out .

Any recommendations ?

I phone 4
    Samsung Galaxy mini
    Alcatel Pixi 4
    Alcatel U3

4. outofthefire

outofthefire Member

Leeds
    galaxy s10+ if you want a decent camera and all round good phone

20190910_114048.jpg VideoCapture_20190910-115201.jpg 20190803_071815-2.jpg

8ob and Maker like this.
  5. Maker

Maker nEw mEmBeR

Not if you want to save money, that's one of the most expensive phones on the market right now. :clapping:

Stunning pics though, are they yours?

ronan and eLuSiVeMiTe like this.
  6. pcwizme Member

Completely agree with Slim, I have had 3 oneplus's a 1 a 2 and now a 5t, the 5t is 2 years old and still working like it was the day I bought it. For referance the 1 was stolen, the 2 got upgraded as I got a bonus and my gf at the time broke her phone, so I got the 5t and she had my 2.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  7. northwest Member

Having wasted plenty of money in the past buying the latest and greatest bit of IT kit, I now buy stuff that is last year's model. Almost always much cheapness. I have a Galaxy S8 right now and in a couple of years I will get the S10, when the S12 is released :laughing:

ronan, daleyd, Sean and 1 other person like this.
  8. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Forum Supporter

Pretty much what I do but buy recon phones.
    Saves me a fortune. Don't expect more than a few years from a phone in.my trade so they work well.
    Paid 180 for 2 pixel XL 64gb both near immaculate. (£90 each)

ronan likes this.
  9. Maker

Maker nEw mEmBeR

That's what I tell myself I'll do but when it comes to it, I just need the new features of the latest model. :doh:

10. outofthefire

outofthefire Member

Leeds
    Yes they're my pics and it is expensive, but I bought it for the camera another tool in my arsenal, I rarely take landscapes with my camera now the drone and phone have that covered. I went to the tropical world in Leeds the other day and it was so humid my camera just kept steaming up so I had to use my phone

20191004_140552-2.jpg 20191004_140740.jpg 20191004_141221.jpg

slim_boy_fat and gaz1 like this.
  11. gaz1

gaz1 Forum Supporter

really nice pics there also nice to use as screensaver screens or as windows pic screen

12. Sean Another 602 fan

Edinburgh
    i just rummage in the cast off drawer for whatever old phone Daughter or Wife have cast off.....on a frankenstein mix of bits that is 3 Moto g s. which is a good phone though lacking in internal memory if you have to have lots and lots of Apps.

LewisT, eLuSiVeMiTe and slim_boy_fat like this.
  13. Turbo Member

I would suggest one of the Samsung tough phones. I have a basic one that does all I need & darn near indestructible. The internet isn't great but I don't use that anyway but they do a smartphone type version which could suit your needs.

14. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

Motorola g7 power.....has to be the power version as it has the larger battery. my phone goes for 3-4 days without a charge....pretty impressive....5000 mAh battery is the version I have.

Not cheap as chips....but not silly money...around £160 I think on Amazon.

Doesn't support wireless charging but not much else I've missed and it's plenty quick enough for me.

15. Mart63

Mart63 Member

I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 7. Best phone I've ever had. 128gb memory, so no need for micro sd cards.

16. HughF

HughF Member

Work: Dorchester, Workshop: Corfe Castle, Wife's place: Frome
    Motorola Moto-1 - excellent

Blackview BV9000 is my current weapon of choice - I haven't smashed it up yet.

MCKDAVID likes this.
  17. Greg05 Member

can I ask what seller you used as I've had a few issues with supposedly "reconditioned" phones in the past.

18. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

Just saw this on a programme this evening...designed to be repairable with bits that can be changed.

I did laugh though....what next....repairable washing machines like we used to have 40 years ago!

https://www.fairphone.com/en/

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  19. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Forum Supporter

Wife's came from here.
    Couple of scratches which were in line with the grade. Other than that perfect.
    Screenshot_20191018-200509.png

Greg05 likes this.
  20. Greg05 Member

brilliant, what a speedy response, time to finally replace my phone

Advertisements