Mobile phone not iphone recomendations

1. steve_s Member

Iv had iphones for years but the latest ios13 well its pants cant see the phone on putter any more GMX mail client stopped working so no more, plus other issues over the years
    I need it to be a phone, bluetooth to me van/car,play music have a ear phone jack that good pics and do me emails surf the web a bit

Whats a good alternative the isnt hundreds of £s the cheaper the better :whistle:

2. AndersK Member

Some of the Cat models are quite cheap, yet indestructable

mtt.tr likes this.
  3. ErikM Member

I'd have a look at a Xiaomi Mi A1 or A2, if I were you. Cheap, clean and powerful enough for what you want.

4. zzr1200

zzr1200 Working at 650 ft on open steel work

I've used a Samsung S8 for the past 2 years, its done everything required by me and is capable of much much more in the right hands.

Maker likes this.
  5. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Forum Supporter

Buy a recon pixel XL
    Great phones and not Expensive. Prefer it over my Galaxy's.

6. eLuSiVeMiTe

Screenshot_20191011-181151.png

7. tlovatt Member

Rugby, UK
    I have had Huawei phones for a few years and really like them, their Honor brand does some amazingly cheap phones that are good quality or the Huawei P Smart 2019 is great value at £160 or less

pedrobedro likes this.
  8. MCKDAVID Member

blackview....bv6000s

ideal for cack handed users / workshop / site work... waterproof too.

basic, simple to use, decent battery life, and it does stand up for itself pretty well, it's been dropped / bounced all over the workshop, etc and nothing, no cracks etc, survived far longer than any I've had before, well pleased. decent price too...

only thing i don't like even though it has a micro usb charging socket, with the protection it needs a "longer" plug, so have to use their lead.. oh and it's the size of a house brick, but that does make it easier to find...

8ob likes this.
  9. steve_s Member

I though Huawei had issues with google no maps updates etc ?

10. Ashley Burton

Ashley Burton Member

I just upgraded to a Samsung A40 & it's a great phone!

11. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

I've had a One+ One since they first came out - I think they're now on to iteration 7? :dontknow:

Been happy with it, but I tend to use it for calls & texts [PAYG] and pics - the camera is very good.
    At the time, it had all the features of the iPhone of the time for about half the price.

I'm aware that I don't use a good percentage of its capabilities, but I use a tablet or laptop for browsing etc.

pcwizme likes this.
  12. earthman Member

Aren't UK owners/users going to have problems in the future, no updates for this brand of phone?

Parm likes this.
  13. Parm

Parm I have fun doing stuff

Quite possibly but know one knows when and if.

Probably best to stay away as there are plenty of other viable options

earthman likes this.
  14. earthman Member

Do these come with less 'bloat wear' than the Galaxy's? I'm still using an S4, crazy that I can't uninstall stuff that I'll never use.

ronan likes this.
  15. eLuSiVeMiTe

Other than the Google suite. (Docs maps etc) which are all used
    There's nothing.

Very intuitive to use too.
    Will be buying a pixel 3 xl next.

earthman likes this.
  16. eLuSiVeMiTe

earthman likes this.
  17. pedrobedro

pedrobedro Man at Matalan

I have the Huawei Honor 8x and it's a really good phone. It updated yesterday and the update thing brought about by Trump will not affect models already in production if at all when Google realises how much it is going to cost them in the long run.

18. Maker

Maker nEw mEmBeR

Me too, I've had mine since the release, I still love it but it's starting to get slow and the keyboard has burnt onto the screen. I'm leaning towards a OnePlus Seven Pro next. Not sure I'd recommend either to clumsy workshop-ers though, it didn't take me long to crack the back, now the screen is cracked in three corners and the back looks like it's been shot. :(

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  19. tlovatt Member

Rugby, UK
    No, it only applies to new models, I have all the recent security updates, access to the play store and all the Google apps etc. The very latest model released a few weeks ago will not be sold in the west due to the Google restrictions, but even these can be bypassed by following a guide.

earthman likes this.
  20. 8ob

8ob Forum Supporter

Sounds like my sort of phone, gave up on Iphone type phones after destroying so many and went for a tough phone and an Ipad.
    With diminishing peepers and fat fingers I struggle a bit with Iphones.:scared:

Bob

ronan, slim_boy_fat and MCKDAVID like this.
Advertisements