Microwave oven Idea

1. Memmeddu

Memmeddu Member

So this is the Idea
    The vertical movement of the drill is allowed by a system that emulate the old boat steering apparatus
    So two little pulleys and a wire wind on a barrel
    Elettrical wiring diagram coming soon
    Ps any idea ?

• 15554094386951765741752.jpg
  2. gaz1

gaz1 Forum Supporter

no use a cog and toothed bar better than pulleys and wire

all im trying to say is make it a stable version you dont want it deflecting when drilling or losing your drill if it comes loose

but you also need to keep it light enough to transport it those mag drills are heavyish to a degree

they do use a lath slider i think with cog and toothed bar to quill the drill head down onto the work surface

so angle iron for the base as it holds the magnets the front end or drill end needs to be designed roughly like a lathe slide so drill slides evenly

and above base is the wiring area and switches thats how the mag drills are based upon

Memmeddu likes this.
  3. gaz1

gaz1 Forum Supporter

an old type but gives you a better idea

Memmeddu likes this.
  4. Memmeddu

Memmeddu Member

Toothed bar is not available as easy here where I live ,it was my first option
    About deflection is something of unavoidable ,you know without a mill drill is very difficult to make a perfect planned surface .
    I will use the entire core of the mot to avoid this as much as I can ,an epoxy cast an some sand paper to make a "flat" surface
    I would like to put a micro switch on the contact surface as the drill can't be power on if the magnet is not in function
    So if you're are drilling and the drill become loose and the base start to lift so a dangerous situation it will cut off the power to the drill but not to the magnet .
    In the drawing I don't know if you can see that but between magnet and the wiring box I will give a little bit of space as I can use a belt to secure the entire drill to a beam or whatever I'm drilling
    I will check if I can get a drill stand (drill press thing where you put a normal drill and you have a drill press )

5. gaz1

gaz1 Forum Supporter

Memmeddu likes this.
  6. Memmeddu

Memmeddu Member

This can make also splines I think?
    Right?

7. gaz1

gaz1 Forum Supporter

if you plan it right plane the metal make the cogs and tooth rack from a home made gadget

Memmeddu likes this.
  8. gaz1

gaz1 Forum Supporter

9. Memmeddu

Memmeddu Member

Very interesting
    I have only a big problem I have not a workshop yet
    I use to work in the garden ...
    I will have a workshop a day I hope

10. gaz1

gaz1 Forum Supporter

11. Memmeddu

Memmeddu Member

I saw a similar tool in a make it extreme video on YouTube ,onl o thing it was electric power

Maybe I can try something else for the toothed bar
    On eBay there are gates one but they are to big
    Maybe a bicicle chain ?
    What do you think?

About the tools that I will use if I make this project ( it little bit too difficult than what it was in my brain) ....
    Anular cutters only if I get a drill able to fit MT2 shank (maybe a friend give me one) so I can use an adapter ,but I was seriously thinking to use hole saws mounted on a normal chuck

12. gaz1

gaz1 Forum Supporter

13. Memmeddu

Memmeddu Member

So a threaded rod as lift mechanism drived by the angle grinder reduction gear revesere?
    So I turn the M14 spindle side so 1 turn is equal a 3 times the length between the threads
    Little bit slow but functional

14. Memmeddu

Memmeddu Member

Ok so after a while , I came back to the idea
    So I think that I found the solution to the vertical travel issue
    I did see this morning on Instagram a video about a folk that used a drawer guide to solve the same problem
    Now I have to find one strong enough to this mansion
    For the base I will use two half channel iron 10mm thick to make a strong base than I will put the mot core in to weld all together and epoxy resin as filler to make a perfect straight and smooth surface
    I must remember to put a switch in there to allow the drill to stis if the magnet turn off and the base start lifting
    A safety feature I guess
    After that a piece of box section to make a support for the guide and a simple spring loaded cable for lifting and vertical movement of the entire drill
    As drilling power I think to a Bosch concrete mixer because is 1600W with a 16mm Jakob chuck
    It will be not a proper mag drill with a Weldon or Morse taper but I think that it will serve me as well as I need .
    Is not something that I need every day but something like 3 times in two years I needed and I had to use a simple drill with all the safety issues of the scenario
    So I hope to post some pictures of the drill as soon as possible ,now I must find the materials

15. gaz1

gaz1 Forum Supporter

im advising you to go down the route of the lathe reference above

as simple stock build its far easier grinding 1/2mm or even 1mm off stock steel to give you a slider control

then weld or bolt it to your base which has to be good enough so it wont twist out

Memmeddu likes this.
Advertisements