Lorch micro mig 350

1. David Simon Griggs New Member

Hi I use one of these sets at work on my seam welder doing galvanised steel roofs
    What I would like to know is that the
    pulse mig setting on it I carnt seem to get to it any advise or does it need an upgrade
    I do use the manual, Synigenic and
    speed arc setting
    Thanks

2. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

The Pulse mode is an upgrade. Depends if it was purchased when the machine was bought. Can be added on at any time.

@matt1978 is the man you need to speak to.

3. David Simon Griggs New Member

R right I'm welding galvanised roofs at the minute and the machine dosent seem to be having any of it very erratic arc make funny hissing noises

4. David Simon Griggs New Member

And that's on a synagenic setting

5. 123hotchef Member

did u clean the galv off

6. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

That’s because it’s galvanised. Hope you’ve got an air fed helmet and extraction

123hotchef likes this.
  7. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

Normally thin galvanised stuff is done with a copper brazing wire, CuSi.

8. matt1978

matt1978 www.lorch.eu

Hello,

the Pulse is an optional extra, it can be retrofitted to any MicorMIG’s built after 2018.

If you send me your serial number I’ll let you know if it’s compatible with a Pulse upgrade

9. David Simon Griggs New Member

We use a flux cored wire called galvaflux

10. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

Never heard of it

11. matt1978

matt1978 www.lorch.eu

In all honesty I doubt Pulse would be any good on that wire as it’s non-solid. You can use Pulse on certain Metal Cored wires but Flux cored wires don’t run well at all on Pulse.

If you getting excessive spatter it will either be....

The relationship between the wire feed rate and the voltage isn’t correct, so to say, too much wire for the voltage or too few voltage for the amount of wire feed speed.

Or...

Your welding a material thickness that will require a settings that’s leaving you in the mixed arc range. So you have too much voltage to remain in dip transfer but not enough to get into a spray arc.

I am guessing the wire your using is 1.2mm dia, what material thickness your welding?

With Galv coated material you will always get some spatter as the zinc will heated to such a degree that causes it to boil off in the weld pool

12. David Simon Griggs New Member

R right yes I am welding with 1.2 mm wire

13. David Simon Griggs New Member

The sheets are 1.6 mm thick
    So when they are laped over is around
    3.2 mm

14. David Simon Griggs New Member

One thing I've noticed about these machines is you carnt turn the amps up with out affecting the wire feed speed or viseverser is there a way around that ?

15. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

That’s because you’re on synergic. Put it on manual

16. matt1978

matt1978 www.lorch.eu

Its because with Mig welding, wirefeed rate is directly linked to Amperage. It’s not just on a MicorMIG it’s with all Mig machines. Wirefeed rate = Current/Amps

I think what you mean is controlling the arc length, in order to that you need to adjust the knob on the right hand side. If you want the effect that you have “more wire speed” what you actually need to do is reduce the Voltage marginally by turning the knob on the right anti clockwise. In synergic mode the knob on the right is a fine adjustment for the voltage.

Reducing the voltage will leave the wire feed rate as it is but will burn that wire off a little more slowly and give the impression that you have more wire, if you increase the voltage and leave the wire feed where it is, it will burn the wire off faster and give the impression of less wire.

If you put the machine into manual mode the knob on the left is wirefeed and the knob on the right is voltage. Both are independent of each other and it’s up to you to create the balance between the two as would be the case with any basic Mig machine of any brand or colour.

Brad93 likes this.
  17. David Simon Griggs New Member

R right thank you very much for that information very help full

The only other thing is when I'm welding with flux wire and ferromagnetic gas I get a lot more power out of my welder than what I put in ie 110 amps in and 140 out
    Is that the wire helping
    Cheers

18. David Simon Griggs New Member

Is this your burn back

• 1601533003045144165452.jpg
  19. Munkul

Munkul Jack of some trades, Master of none

Burn back has nothing to do with arc length...

20. matt1978

matt1978 www.lorch.eu

The amperage you select before welding is only a proposed value. The actual amperage won’t be recorded and displayed until you actually start welding. With Mig welding it is a constant voltage process. That means the voltage you select will be the voltage you get. Tig and MMA are constant current processes, so that means if you dial up 100 amps on a Tig and then strike up, you will get 100 amps, it’s not like that with Mig. The constant values are voltage and the wire feed speed. The current is measured after welding has begun and can deviate up and down depending on how close or how far away your stick out is (the distance from the end of the gas shroud to the work piece)

Your machine has a material thickness setting in MM, perhaps give that a try instead of trying to set it by amps. You can do this with the left hand knob when your in synergic mode. You just need to make sure that the green light is illuminated on the MM icon

Advertisements