Lanoguard rust protection

1. indy4x

indy4x Forum Supporter

Been looking at this as well, not looking to use it on bodywork though, I have a new set of leaf springs for the Jeep XJ and want something to try and keep the rust off them. Don't mind applying every few months it if works

2. Matchless

Matchless I started with nothing, still have most of it left

Nope, the factory underseal is hot sprayed nylon, nothing moves that, not seen much seam sealer but after 30+ years it could probably do with softening up, it just coats the inside of the cavities and then drips out, so I do it just before driving up a dirt track, I use a lot of waxoil but find it does not flow all along a sill and does not penetrate the seams even if you heat it up first,

3. indy4x

indy4x Forum Supporter

Back in the early 80's my Dad inherited a Ford Corsair from his uncle. He worked at Dagenham and bought the Corsair new. The Uncle used to park it up in his garage for the winter, take off all the door cards n stuff and spray inside all of the cavities with engine oil. Car was still mint 16 or so years later

4. Matchless

Matchless I started with nothing, still have most of it left

you do need something that will creep into the seams and flow along the sills etc. I heat waxoil but you really need to heat up the bodyshell as well, the waxoil sets too quickly to get into tight seams and around wheel arches, I do sometimes dilute it with oil, new oil for clear, old oil with the black waxoil,

5. Rannsachair

Rannsachair Forum Supporter

When I fitted new Leaf Springs to my Jeep Cherokee, on my old dad's advice I wrapped them in Denso tape for corrosion protection, I believe that was the traditional approach in years gone by, there may well be better alternatives now.

6. Burdekin

Burdekin Chief Bodger

Fisholene was the go to rust inhibitor when I was a kid in Oz, my beach buggy and boat trailer were drenched in it. Molasses was our rust removal liquid for soaking stuff in. I grew up in a cane farming district so it was easy to bulk buy.

I saw the Lanoguard pop up on Facebook, no idea if any good.

7. decca

decca Forum Supporter

Don’t know if the product is any good but their online advertising is fantastic. Every site I now visit has lanoguard adverts plastered all over it.

puts me off it a bit, looks desperate.

steveo3002 likes this.
  8. Burdekin

Burdekin Chief Bodger

Wire brush, rust converter and Dinitrol underbody wax and will be fine for ages.

decca likes this.
  9. decca

decca Forum Supporter

Did that with the land rover. Filthy job and the camper is in good nick underneath. Just want a bit extra protection.

Advertisements