Oil leaks on Land-rovers are an integral part of the chassis maintenance and preservation system
@awemawson I said to @KimB the other day that I thought oil leaks came standard?
Christ, so annoying, thanks for that though. Such is life I guess.
That's my job, not the engines!
Don't you start
Guess I'm being greedy then... Do like the attempt at how to describe which axle it they were actually on.
Well they spelt CENTRE wrong !
So most of the transmission leaks then? Your driveway will never rust though ....
Yup, problems of having three axles to maintain. Although in my defence I've only had the vehicle since Feb and it's just pinion seals which are easy enough to swap. It had sat for over a year before I got it and wanted to see what other issues arose when it got driven on the road before I started fixing leaks.
That there's the 'Murican way.
my neighbour asked if my new Land Rover will leak like my old one, erm yep it does mate
Funnily enough I have had 5 LRs and none of them have ever leaked.
Mine don't leak either.
See, no leaks.
Another little project on the landy nearly finished today. My 110 is terrible for the battery going a little bit flat (Due to me starting and moving it a lot), it doesn’t go properly flat. Just enough to put the alarm on when I start. Anyway, I have a Ctek charger so I decided to buy a surface mounting charging port. Which has some little LED indicators, I also have to mount two on and off switches for the front LED lights on my 110, when on charge they pick up power and turn on so I’m constantly having to pull the fuse out.
I pondered for ages where to put the charging port, I knew I wanted the switches on the inside of the cubby box so I thought if I have to go in to switch on I may as well put the port in there out the way. Using an off cut of the box section from the gate I marked out the back so it had four tabs to bolt it down with some hidden fixings.
Using my step drill I drilled the centre square hole and a jigsaw to take near to size. Then finished with a file. The other holes I just used a step drill.
I put some blue tape in and then fitted the box section and marked the outside edge top and bottom (long black lines). Then on the box I eyed up some marks on the outside edges so I could transfer onto the tape. From there I just measured the distance from the edge down to the hole.
The two bottom holes I couldn’t fit my drill in, for these I used the back of the cubby box as a datum and then marked them out on the underside. The holes came out pretty much perfect
This is the bolts in the cup holder area. I hat to take into account the cups almost consume the fill width so I spaced them accordingly.
Finished up and fits perfectly. All tucked away neatly and will look factory once painted.
Im very pleased with the outcome, I’ll wire it all up properly next week when I receive the bits I ordered. I won’t bother showing the wiring I don’t think. It’s a bit boring.
Hi, Nice job of the bracket. You'll have Nick and Richard after you but watch out they might have you driving their transporter, if and when they ever get it finished.
Separate names with a comma.