I made a mistook in cutting the square tube to the same size as the mounting plate ..spot the deliberate mistook that shows the square bar sticking out the tube . Thankfully I didn't weld up before I checked how it looked , I have some spare square to play with . I'll drill the mounting holes a pair of plates at a time and dot punch them so I can identify them as matching pairs and so I can identify which face touches which face later on. Once they are drilled and welded I may cold coat them or if I can find a sympathetic ear to see if I can get then electro galved at a local electro galv works for £10 a pair ( ) I also getting ready to start the fencing project , still preparing seedbeds and garden beds , having removed skips & skip of rubble out already it is taking much longer than I had hoped so the trailer bits are looking like simmering on the back burner during the warm dry weather . I'll have a peek on the plastic rod site though just incase Nick fails to respond ... the rubber rods in my hand are Dairylee segment shaped and 14 mm round where there was no pressure on the rubber. I'm not sure if the 14 mm round bits have expanded due to age/oxidizing . I may have to remove the bearing & hub to fit things in the.. " to be made jig ". In my ancient brain I calculate that the force applied via the hydraulic ram of the jack acting on the jack pad after passing from the cylinder along a 50 mm lever ,through a right angle to lever of 150 mm when it is at the tested 2 tonne lift load , is in excess of four tonne ( anyone still in posession of a working brain & the formulae feel free to calculate for me ...correctly ) and should be able to press the stub and rubbers or plastic stuff into the square sleeve when it is set up in a decent jig .