Impact Screwdriver Bits

1. R-D-R Forum Supporter

Tend to buy whatever is on offer which is mostly the dewalt packs. Never really wear out from doing there job as they tend to get ruined first from using at off angles or mixing Pozi and Phillips up!

eLuSiVeMiTe likes this.
  2. J1nx

J1nx Member

Only impact bits I’ve ever had trouble with are Wera! So strange as all their other stuff is top of the line and my go to choice for normal bits and screwdrivers. Infact the normal bits work in my impact far better. The impact bits I got were so hard they all shattered, I mean the whole pack in a matter of weeks. Maybe I got a duff sample? The splinters were a bit nasty, wear glasses!

Agree with the Bosch ones being a bit poor, not terrible but a bit too soft and I’d just pick something else if avalible.

Currently using Milwaukee with no issue, none shattered, they do round off if I’m cack handed but my fault, not the bits.

The free ones in Screwfix turbogold boxes work fine. Not used the Eruaber (spelling!?) ones but they may well be the same as I think screwfix own Eruaber?
    I’ve been surprised by their metal hole saws, they are better than the Bosch ones.

3. addjunkie

addjunkie Member

Im using dewalt bits, for screws, but also have a milwaukee set, seem good the 30 torx bit has ladted well driving in concrete screws.

4. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda Staff Member

I was more concerned about the shrapnel flying off when mine shattered.

brightspark likes this.
  5. Kayos

Kayos Member

Safety squint needed

Robotstar5 and Turbo like this.
  6. Agrismith Member

Another vote for erbauer I find all there power tool accessories really good
    This is a good multi-purpose set but the bit holder jams after a while and won't release
    The erbauer solid bit holder is much better
    They use to do a drill bit roll that is one of the best things I've ever bought

MattF and Turbo like this.
  7. Browser Happiness is an even fillet.

Tried tat once, got a piece of grinding debris in me eye for me trouble, having to have that dug out put me off the 'safety squint' for life!!!!! :o

Turbo likes this.
  8. Turbo Member

I'm going to look at the Erbuaer set tomorrow as is seems to be popular here & gets good reviews on the screwfix site.

MattF likes this.
  9. MetalMonkey Member

I've had good luck with Wiha terminator and Makita Gold bits aren't bad.

10. JohnH Member

UK M25 J6
    I had occasion to buy a multi pack of Reisser screws and they came with a box of 20 PZ2 Torsion screwdriver bits. I've found these to be very good and haven't broken one yet using my Wera Bi-torsion drill driver holder with a makita 10.8 volt impact. The bits themselves have very sharp edges and fit the screws very tightly. I think this is the key to longevity.

https://reisser.co.uk/shop/torsion-screwdriver-bits/

I do have some Makita gold bits and holder, but they just dont cut it for me. I also find the cheapo Wera impact bits arent much cop either. They are a bit sloppy.

jenki likes this.
  11. Turbo Member

Called into screwfix this morning & picked out an erbuaer set, stock no 12492 but at the till they had some Milwaukee sets on offer & I was nearly tempted but I asked to see the Erbuaer ones. They looked quite good then the salesman told me there was an offer on, buy one get another 1/2 price so the decision was made. ;)
    So I have 2 full sets of impact bits for just £15, enough to last for years! :D

MattF likes this.
  12. Sean Another 602 fan

Edinburgh
    wira or wiha

13. MattF

MattF Forum Supporter

Probably not far from the truth. When I was fitting, the others had use of the Erbauer bits, and they never managed to kill one. They weren't a subtle bunch with tools.

14. Turbo Member

I have some of the wera diamond std screwdriver bits I bought when I was flush but the wera impact bits are a mad price that I can't justify at the moment. :(

15. Sean Another 602 fan

Edinburgh
    Meh i find they last a year or so, i can shatter my way through a tic tac box of de wilt in a couple of months.

A joiner borrowed my impact when he brought it back it had a milwaulkee bit. When i asked him where my bit was he had skipped it as it was "worn". He was trying to fire in Phillips with a pozi...arse

Advertisements