Im now oficially an Old Git

1. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

It might cover the Council Tax, Energy and Water bills....I couldnt live on it....fortunately I dont have to....Ive been semi retired for 10 years and fully for the past 3 or 4........I think I will get about £150 a week

8ob likes this.
  2. colnerov

colnerov Member

Yes, providing the other things are not expensive.:laughing: Seriously though, I'm mortgage free but I don't have things like a sky subscription or a mobile phone, I have savings and a private pension which I'm delaying drawing to hopefully increase the returns for when I eventually need it more.

Colin

8ob likes this.
  3. angellonewolf

angellonewolf Member

better off seing an adviser and unless you know better have a crystol ball ?

addjunkie likes this.
  4. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    @8ob is bucking the current trend and runs a Space User Spare

Stueeee, nickk and 8ob like this.
  5. sako243

sako243 Member

Nah I've seen the stupid stuff he does. The fact there's only one on there makes me think he's already installed the other three onto the Delica.

dobbslc and 8ob like this.
  6. pedrobedro

pedrobedro Man at Matalan

I still claim bank holidays. Poo sticks is a great game, you have to laugh trying to drop one in a margarine tub :D I would never defer a pension, I might get hit by a bus tomorrow.

rtbcomp likes this.
  7. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    I have a customer where all the long time employees have £1.3-1.6M in their pension pots. They seem like fantasy land numbers for regular workers these days and I guess they are. I think there are only a couple of them who aren't 55 yet but i have no idea why the other guys are still there. They could pull £3-400K tax free buy a holiday let and live for the rest fo their days and still be in line for good solid pension every month. It's weird because they all talk like they are going to struggle yet some will be paying 40% tax on their pension

8. I didn't bother taking my state pension for over six years. When I applied the weekly amount was £334 per week as they had been adding an interest rate well what any bank could offer. or I could have the lump sum of about £70,000.

9. octo0072000

octo0072000 Member

the more they get the more they want they will still try to live beyond their means when retired the money will soon go

Hopefuldave likes this.
  10. RichardM Member

I'll get free prescriptions soon.

Wish I had a bus pass, one bus out, walk over the hills stop at the pub, catch another one back - bliss :hug:

chriskelland and brewdexta like this.
  11. Ed. Member

Welcome to the old age club!:laughing:

chriskelland likes this.
  12. pedrobedro

pedrobedro Man at Matalan

A bit too late for last years winter fuel allowance though Al, that's something else to look forward to :D I was a couple of contributions short for the State pension so it makes me a bit less, about £140 a week but adding it to my work pension helps pay the bills. I've had my bus pass for years and only used it twice.

13. Kent

Kent Member

Nobody should be taxed on thier pension for pitys sake our nation need to get a grip.

14. Seadog

Seadog Forum Supporter

They're fantastic. Had one for 5 years now. I've got the advantage, being in London, that I get free travel on all TFL transport and most mainline services within the M25. I find any excuse I can now to go out. :D

Parm likes this.
  15. Tom O Member

Just go down to the zoo the monkeys will give you a sample!:scared:

Tangledfeet likes this.
  16. Tom O Member

I didnt realise youre Aorta was in the stomach region

Well that explains the Swashbuckler movies where they just fall over!

17. What happens if you have a selection of stools? Or if it's metal, how can you give a sample?

18. Seadog

Seadog Forum Supporter

It is. They're looking for an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. I had a test a few years back, the doctor also gave my prostate the quick once over and said it was fine :p

19. Neerrr What's up Doc? :D

20. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    Absolutely, it's same a working all your life paying tax and then when you die you get taxed on the stuff you bought with the money you were already taxed on.:vsad:

dobbslc likes this.
Advertisements