Home made parts washer

1. 8ob

8ob Forum Supporter

One type of parts washer is never enough, you wouldn't share a parts washer used for truck/tractor bits to then clean a carb or internal engine parts in. I have got some that live out for the heavy duty cleaning but recently got a very nice deep stainless double bowl sink for the mancave extension. Its got a heater element boss in one side so the plan was to have a pumped heated parts washer one side and a rinsedown sink the other, ticks a lot of boxes. I will use water-soluble gook and that will be ok to go down the drain.

Bob

[​IMG]

slim_boy_fat and 123hotchef like this.
  2. 123hotchef Member

most of the light equipment its great burnt edges on trays come up like new

3. 123hotchef Member

thats perfect a commercial old pot wash sink with the heated rinse sink u just use it the other way round sweet find

8ob likes this.
  4. 8ob

8ob Forum Supporter

5. 123hotchef Member

that was a bargain mate

6. vwmark

vwmark Member

Mine is on hear somewhere. I used a stainless open topped tank (size of a commercial sink) with a dish washer pump and heating element. Works great but hardly used it but at least I know its sitting there.

123hotchef likes this.
  7. MCKDAVID Member

I looked at making on up years ago, then saw the price of the generic chinese one, not worth the hassle, free standing 30 gallon one for 135 euros + 15 for delivery, not worth the bother making it for that, shop around , you'll probably get it even cheaper.. had mine years, would be lost with out it...

have ofthen thought about heating it, but 30 gallons would take a wee bit of heating. that said have a new project, Saw @8ob chip pan fryer cleaner,:thumbup: picked one up with the intention of removing the heating element and using that in my ultrasonic cleaners and could well be adapted to the parts wash too... sat on the shelf at the moment will get round to it soon...

123hotchef likes this.
  8. Kram

Kram Member

I assume not using a solvent in open sinks, what do you use? All degreasers I have tried become saturated quickly and are not much good to begin with.Where as in solvent any dirt will settle out and filter.
    Ive just got a full can of diesel, this thread reminded me I have plenty of parts to wash.

9. Agroshield Member

Do you have any magic solution for a non-caustic aluminium cleaner please?

10. 8ob

8ob Forum Supporter

If you go onto Applied chemicals site they have everything you could possibly want in the way of water-soluble caustic/alkaline hot/cold degreasers. I have a bag of powder here for the Bupi but the labels fell off, that's ok with ali in the hot parts washer, also has a anti rust flash over protection for ferrous which is good for about a month. Will obviously need a rinse off prior to painting but saves drowning everything in WD40 just for the sake of a bit of protection.

Bob

11. 123hotchef Member

elbow grease and fairy

12. 123hotchef Member

admin didnt approve my for sale post on this item ;-( unfortunatly for you guys.

I will list it on FB and maybe post a link on the FSS

13. James1979 Member

I bought one from ebay / china which was bout £85 delivered if I recall. I looked into making one but couldnt be arsed for that money. And it came with fluid. Its on legs and about workbench height with a place to store things under. It is what it is and is great for cleaning bits before i have to work on them. I have an aquarium heater in there which keeps the solution warm / hot - seems to work a bit better. No real problems with it. Still on first everything and a few years old now.

like this one - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SGS-Floo...189147&hash=item2cda4efa8e:g:8GAAAOSwKu5bhtC7

various deals / badges on ebay but they all look the same to me

123hotchef likes this.
Advertisements