Hive Outdoor Camera

1. dobbslc

dobbslc Forum Supporter

@Brad93 is the porch light on a sensor?
    I'd also check that the red wire you've connected to is live and not neutral and the black vice versa, it shouldn't make any difference to the plugged in adaptor but worth checking.

Brad93 likes this.
  2. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

I’ve undone everything this morning, double checked which T&E goes to the switch and which is the incoming live.
    All put back together and I’ve got a filament lamp plugged into the socket to see if it stays on. I’ll try the camera again this afternoon as long as the lamp doesn’t go off.

3. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

I mean it’s a pretty small driveway that it is surveying. I really need all of it being monitored.

Apparently the person detection works best at 90-45° but obviously to get the camera out of arms reach, it’s higher and got a steeper angle. Be a bit pointless at 90° as anyone could just knock it off due to the poxy magnetic mount.

n

4. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

The porch light is a hive bulb, when the camera detects movement or a person, the light will come on for about 15 minutes.

5. Agroshield Member

This might be a foolish suggestion, but if it was working and stopped recently, could it have anything to do with the hot weather in the last week or so? Maybe the power supply to the camera is overheating and shutting down. Porches can get super hot (it's the rear engine that does it).

bigegg likes this.
  6. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

Camera went up after the hot weather, Friday I think I put it up. All we’ve had is rain down here

Advertisements