Help pleasssse

1. gaz1

gaz1 Member

best off keeping it as natural colour as it was bought in

i know you want to change it to make it yours only but as a machine with sentimental attachments best to keep it as close to what it is

sarahweld likes this.
  2. sarahweld

sarahweld Member

Yes my dad said the same just get the casing powder coated original colour ,its starting to rust here and there. I've a female powder coater and car sprayer in the next unit to me,then a female upholster next to her . Females are taking over the yard haha

3. sarahweld

sarahweld Member

Oh forgot to say earlier I was sent a wiring diagram for the after burn. So I've been wiring the welder. I don't understand why my gramps took the function off as it works I've tried it tonight I quckly welded a plate onto some box section. I'm repairing my dads hay bailer well converting it,as he bought a new tractor and the hook up is different on the new tractor welds good only a quater power and 1 pass seems fine.I'm hoping litherlands sell the rifa's I need so I can use it at work tomorrow .ill show you some of my work as well see what you think of it haha

• WP_20190602_023.jpg
  4. sarahweld

sarahweld Member

Just some of the work I’ve done on my dads hay bailer . I’ll post some restoration work on cars I do.. I’m currently doing a 1980 ford RS 2000 I’ll post pics up when it’s finished.ive about a 3 days left . I hope all the pictures post as I’ve just had a warning come up saying I can’t post that many pics but so long as you see my welding. And hopefully it is good for a self taught with the help of gramps.. I’ve never been to college or on any courses..

• B8629DC6-8658-4FD1-8FAA-EA693EB8F264.jpeg
    • DAF043F9-E196-424A-A636-1759F9C79592.jpeg
    • 719F703C-37DD-4242-A1FD-E0577C42A5A7.jpeg
    • 90760DF9-D125-4B2F-8294-E4DAC3E6BBD2.jpeg
    • 3E786797-10B6-49C8-9E6D-CA2D0D002C6E.jpeg
    • 5A006CE1-595A-483D-8D57-7132D7054D56.jpeg
    • CA0126A6-42A1-4DFF-9F84-65877DACB4D7.jpeg
    • A9E165BA-36C4-4252-B1D3-B67655216EDF.jpeg
    • 17B26355-5F1F-424C-AA1B-F8D6AEF81F4C.jpeg
    • 04FFAB57-8D42-4BD9-A1DE-C0A91C86EE2C.jpeg
    dobbslc, Brad93, Mikey D and 7 others like this.
  5. sarahweld

sarahweld Member

I’ve just been offered this welder for £100 it’s got no lance but works perfectly. Said bring a lance with me and test it.. I think I’ll buy this to go in the car restoration side of my unit and sell the filcord. Then buy another for back up from. Which I’ve already spoke about earlier with a member of here.. I feel I can buy a welder and if it faults, I can hopefully ask on here and it will work once again.im so grateful for all the help on the murex everyone helped and questions were answered shortly after asking. Thank you all again I’m going to bed now but will be back here tomorrow goodnight all sleep well..... sarah xx

• 85E6F1EC-2BBE-459A-80E4-D25B5FF0DF07.png
  6. sarahweld

sarahweld Member

Afternoon everyone hope your day is going well...
    I’ve been Thinking more about the £100 welder.. is that plug a 16 or 32amp or 415 volts 3 phase. My dad has just said the cable looks 3 phase. I don’t have 3 phase in my unit but laura the painter next door does. I can’t see it being worth while putting 3 phase in my unit, that’s if I could run a line in of my neighbours id need a new meter and consumer unit all 3 phase for the sake a £100 welder haha

7. Woody.v8

Woody.v8 Blue gluer

The plug on the machine is single phase, its hard to tell what amp though from the picture, it looks like a 16A plug going off the scale of the dinse socket.

sarahweld likes this.
  8. Hood

Hood If it walks like a duck....

110v plugs are yellow
    240v plugs are blue
    415v 3 phase are red.

That is definitely 240v single phase. Whether 16Amp or 32Amp I don't know as it is hard to tell the size but looks 16Amp.

sarahweld likes this.
  9. carbon

carbon Member

If you can get a clearer picture of the chart on the front of this welder it may clarify what input power is required

2C197479-03A9-4DEC-A576-1B024EADA844.jpeg

Or there may be one on the back of the machine if that’s not it on the front

10. Migmac

Migmac Forum Supporter

Get some pictures up of the RS, even better start a thread on it

11. sarahweld

sarahweld Member

I will bring my camera home tomorrow with all the pictures from start to where I'm at.. The bloke that owns it sources panels from Germany.. Dont know why Germany but he's ford mad I've had his fiesta mk1 xr2 fiesta mk1 supersport and now the rs 2000 it wasa flat front but I've put the front panel for a nose cone to go onto it now. Still a few panels to seam but its all tacked together..

12. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda Staff Member

A "Droop Snoot" :thumbup:

sarahweld likes this.
  13. sarahweld

sarahweld Member

I've asked foe a photo but yet to receive it .hopefully its 240 but the knowledge of members on here.i will go for a 240 with plug colour ..is it a Lincoln welder the only mig 300 I find is a lincoln .again ive asked but not had a reply as of yet,but Last night .he said he works up until 9pm.

14. Hood

15. Hood

Oh and if it is a 300Amp single phase welder it will almost certainly need 32Amps for full power, possibly even more.

16. sarahweld

sarahweld Member

I've got 32amps mains to socket in my unit. It'll hopefully take the load

17. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

My old Cebora was rated at 28amps full tilt and that was a 195.

18. Hood

Aye but the one in question will be Chinese 300Amps :D

19. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

Ah ok.
    I’ll do a quick calc to convert it.............

Works out About 14 UK amps output so should be ok. :laughing:

Hood likes this.
  20. sarahweld

sarahweld Member

Hi sorry ive not been able to reply... I’ve been in hospital had a accident at work.. the ramp the mk2 Rs was on, is a 4 post and whilst welding the inner cills on . 1 of the cables snapped and that side dropped hitting me on the head, I was knocked unconscious. Then fell onto my welding cabinet. I’ve had to stay in hospital a week. I’ve been home 5 hrs feeling much better .. still in a neck and back brace . Luckily the ramp has an auto lock after a ft fall. My own fault for having the ramp at head height. I’ll learn from that mistake. How has everyone been, before I forget I need a I’m after a half size argon shield bottle or co2 bottle for a friend, she is just starting out . has anyone got one that she can buy.also work hasn’t stopped, Luckily my brother works on the rigs as a under water welder and took time off to complete work I’m not allowed back at work for 6 weeks or when this back and neck brace is removed. Anyway all is repairable thank him above xx

Advertisements