Harrison 600 Milling Machine

1. Carl Wilson Member

Fantastic job, I just hope mine looks as good. I will try to get back to you on the oil question.

2. RichardM Member

Nice job :thumbup: Could you fit a new sight glass?

3. Guzzi Fuzzi

Guzzi Fuzzi Member

Thanks Guys,

I don't want to replace the sight glasses. This is a hell of work. Don't even know from where I can get new once.

Thanks, Carl, it would be good if you can find something on the oil issue. I did some light test mills which went well, I don't wnat to stress the samll lady before I did not replace the oil completely. Now I am working on a nice lamp mounted on the body. I am getting older, my eyes too, in the meantime I have mounted lamps on all of my machines.

slim_boy_fat and daleyd like this.
  4. Mark Davison Member

I replaced a cracked sight glass in the gearbox cover on mine. It was a doddle and i wishbid done it sooner. now no more leak. They are on ebay, about £13 each and come with instructions. The gearbox casing on my vertical mill is probably different to the horizontal model though, i assume your sight glass isn't on a removable panel?

5. Agroshield Member

Can you drain the oil into a graduated container and put back the same amount?

Is there any access to the surface of the oil from the filler hole? If so poke a wire in until it hits the bottom and measure how far up the wire it comes. Refill to same height.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  6. Guzzi Fuzzi

Guzzi Fuzzi Member

Thanks Mark, yes on my model the glasses are fitted into the head body directly. But do you hvae the link to that ebay offer?

Unfortunatly I don't know if the right amount is filled. So I cannot even drain it and measure the oil.

7. Mark Davison Member

Just checked my purchase history and it is now disabled, even the buy similar link doesnt come up with any results. Sorry.

8. Guzzi Fuzzi

Guzzi Fuzzi Member

Hi Carl, hi guys

I got it fixed this weekend. I did connect the machine on power. I did use a very strong lamp to check the oil level in the sight glasses.

Even the offset gear box I found the oil level. So, I drained everything up and filled the gearboxes with new hydraulic oil (HLP68).

I did fill the head bearings with a special spindle grease from DECKEL. The mill runs now very smoothly in all drives.

Last but not least I fixed the lamp on it, for me one of the most important things. I am going to do the frist test rides in the next few days. I keep you informed.

• 20200727_203210.jpg
    galooph, Dr.Al, Milkybars and 3 others like this.
Advertisements