Shedendman Member

east sussex
    Hardly,more china;)

3. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

Cheers.......look at their description

Description:

General purpose mig wire.
    Suitable for general purpose structural work.
    Extensible used for multiple applications such as, building steel fabrications, tanks, is used quite extensively in automobile body shops for door or body repairs and it is also used for sheet metal duct work on lap and butt joints.
    No rust; corrosion resistance

except for the bottom line does that look like a description of Stainless Steel

Im very sceptical

This definitely appears to be stainless.......https://www.usaweld.com/Flux-Cored-308-Stainless-Steel-Wire-p/308lfc-0-035-1.htm

Mark 2 likes this.
  4. 1fifer1 Member

BOC........... they should wear a mask when taking taking their rental fee !

5. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

coronavirus

6. metalmelt Member

Hi Al

Noticed it too, so suggest its a scam to sell mild steel wire at inflated prices.

7. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

Id guess they just dont have a clue......you see incorrect statements on UK and European consumables....perhaps not as blatant but still not right and its just people copying stuff and getting it wrong...a long time ago even Manufacturers used to publish some iffy info.....312 stainless and 14% Mn steels were prime examples....When I started in 1977 one of my first jobs was updating the product catalogue which hadnt changed much since the war......I didnt know much either so I decided to read up and check some "facts" and discovered they were wrong..........some of those mistakes still exist on some product data sheets you see.

metalmelt likes this.
  8. metalmelt Member

I know exactly what you mean Al as Mitsubishi transmissions use something called Dia Queen ATF to SP specifications, later models used a backwards compatible SP III to avoid having two types of transmission fluids in dealers and using the wrong ATF in the transmission.

You would be surprised how many people assume Dia Queen SP III and Dexron 3 are the same because they both contain three and 3 and you simply cannot explain to people that they are totally different beasts; some clueless who knows more than everyone else had a Land Cruiser which specifies SP III decided to change his for Dexron 3 and within a year he trashed his automatic transmisssion and ended up costing more to replace the auto transmission then getting another vehicle, and all because he thought he knew more that Mitsubishi, Toyota, and Aisin who manufacture the transmissions, and couldn't be bothered to read the specifications.

TechnicAl likes this.
Advertisements