Foxes

1. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

Got to do something about these foxes.

The garden is such a state it makes me sick, I won’t detail the lengths I’ve gone to trying to reseed grass, dig out all their crap (compounded by our cats digging it up too), put new topsoil down, repeat.

I’ve made mesh cages to keep them off certain areas.

they jump 5 foot fences with ease

Theres 6” deep holes and excrement in 4 locations around a 40x20ft garden!

I don’t think Met police will be very happy with me dealing with the foxes in the countryside manner, nor the neighbours. so what else Can I do?

So far I’m thinking of one of those scarecrow sprinklers that fire water but the reviews seem mixed or the ultrasonic motion activated deterrents.

has anyone got a method that works?

only other method would be trapping and dispatching offsite but I doubt my Mrs would be happy with that.

2. fizzy Forum Supporter

uk
    You could try some ultrasonic rat and mice deterrents. They are useless for rats and mice but one our our Jack Russells used to howl like mad when it was switched on!

3. qwakers Member

i could lend you a mates shotgun......

4. 500e

500e Always buy fire insurance a flood is hard to start

Once you trap them send them on holiday to the Cotswolds :whistle: well that's what they told my sister in law when they had a squirrel infestation in there office roof in Camden

Brad93 likes this.
  5. eSCHEn

eSCHEn Bit Wrangler Staff Member

Low electric fence wire. About six to twelve inches from ground. Sniff sniff, zzzapp, oww never coming back. Humane and effective.

6. Migmac

Migmac Forum Supporter

Sounds like you might have badgers too. Newspaper soaked in creosote and hung round the perimeter of your garden will deter foxes and badgers. Foxes can be shot in your garden, moderated.22. I would tell your neighbours just in case though. Live catch cages are alternative if you can’t shoot them until your away from people.

addjunkie likes this.
  7. The_Yellow_Ardvark

The_Yellow_Ardvark perkele

Old fashioned Moth balls.
    Place them were they go and were they enter and leave.

It works, done it for fox's and local cats.

barking mat, ronan and Brad93 like this.
  8. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

local Garden Centre tried to sell me some Lion Shyte...they claimed the fox would be scared by the possible presence of a large preditor.....I asked them how many Lions would a Fox living in Rotherham ever encounter....he had to admit it was unlikely....so how the **** does the Fox know what a Lions smells like.....

it was expensive as well

Turbo, wobblemonster, Brad93 and 2 others like this.
  9. The_Yellow_Ardvark

The_Yellow_Ardvark perkele

It is a gimmick, started by Longleat and other animal parks to sell carp to gullible people.

BarrieJ and Kayos like this.
  10. Country Joe Argoshield Dark

The old napthalene ones are tricky to get, now.
    They got out-lawed back in 2008.

All the Best,
    CJ

ronan likes this.
  11. gaz1

gaz1 Forum Supporter

foxes was there first

why should you shoot them because you want your land in nice conditions for yourself

we or you encroached on there space not the other way around cant blame them

fenman, mrsbruce, Beeezer and 2 others like this.
  12. minimutly Member

I've never seen a fox dig a hole to sh*t in - as @Migmac said you have badgers as well...

We live in the middle of nowhere, but seldom see anything more than hedgehogs, the badgers are only about half a mile away tho'

BarrieJ and Brad93 like this.
  13. Bladevane

Bladevane Member

Lion poo.

14. 500e

500e Always buy fire insurance a flood is hard to start

You know if you have badgers they don't jump 5 ft fences they go through then
    See #8 @Bladevane

slim_boy_fat and minimutly like this.
  15. brightspark

brightspark Member

I used to catch them in a live catch cage then put a lead pellet in there ear u could catch and let em go a distance away but its not fair as an urban fox is like a fish out of water and wouldn't survive

Keith 66 likes this.
  16. Melvyn Best Member

Surprised you still have cats with foxes around, Ive seen foxes after cats

Alan Reynolds likes this.
  17. pedrobedro

pedrobedro Man at Matalan

Spoken like a man who doesn't have the problem. A friend of mine was the local pest controller and used to trap and shoot them, .410 shotgun was his tool. He hated them with a passion from some of the damage they caused which he was called out to witness. They got under a chicken pen with a wire floor and couldn't get at the chickens but had bitten their feet off through the wire, about 80 chickens had to be put down. RSPCA used to catch them and let them go near a local shoot thinking they were going free but the shoot had other ideas as they were killing the pheasants.

Turbo, minimutly and maz0 like this.
  18. Migmac

Migmac Forum Supporter

Humans can catch disease from fox crap and it can be fatal, that's one good reason you don’t want them In your garden

ronan likes this.
  19. gaz1

gaz1 Forum Supporter

i live close to the fields as possbible and yes ive seen a few foxes on the streets i know there then including there dens

but im of the opinion dont like them move back to the city then otherwise except the animal and live with the animal thats been there before us humans

we humans are like aliens getting rid of the wildlife on the planet just for our own greed or want of something

the farmers are just as bad just for themselves

20. Bullet2012

Bullet2012 Forum Supporter

Alpacas stolen from the web .

• The Benefits of Alpacas or Llamas to Guard Chickens. Both alpacas and llamas have an intense hatred of foxes. This can be very helpful in protecting chickens against fox attacks. They will chase most four-legged animals similar to a fox, including a dog, out of their territory.

Advertisements