First welds with Esab Caddy C200i

1. Welderpaul

Welderpaul Moderator Staff Member

It's not really slag as such, it's the silicates that come out of the weld metal and settle on the surface.

2. norlander

norlander Member

thanks for that

3. Kenny.s Member

Loch Lomond
    Hi Daniel,
    Sorry for not replying sooner. I do have email alerts but I don't ever remember receiving one for this?

Regarding the machine, I've still got it and yes I'm still very pleased with it.
    I did have one issue when it started tripping the RCD when it was about 6 months old. Took it into the local Esab service centre and they found the inside was full of very fine metal dust :ashamed: Thankfully there was no damage to the machine, it just needed a good clean out.
    I'm usually very careful with it and keep it covered with a heavy sheet when ever I'm grinding but there was obviously enough fine metal dust in the workshop that it managed to suck it in once I started the machine up again, possibly one minor down side to the cooling fan running at full speed all the time whether it's needed or not.

I've now made a stand for it to get it up higher and take even more care to cover it and also make a habit of hoovering up the area round the machine every day if I've been doing a lot of grinding.

It's not had a lot of use recently but I have got something I need to use it for soon so ill maybe stick up a few pics once I get started with it.

Kenny.

4. Kenny.s Member

Loch Lomond
    After 7 years of loyal service, my C200i has died :(
    I'm still waiting on the definitive diagnosis but it looks like the main power board has failed, list price for the board is around £650+vat!
    In which case I might be in the market for a new machine.

Kenny.

5. dcocks

dcocks Member

Out of interest what are you going to replace it with

Advertisements