Facebook

1. Welder 1 Member

2. daleyd

daleyd Member

Both are sold as spares or repairs. How are you planning on contactOMG them without Facebook?

Parm likes this.
  3. Welder 1 Member

I have facebook but haven't got marketplace as you have to use it for while before you are allowed to have it

4. Parm

Parm Temporarily operating from the Devon Annex

Is this a wind up ?

zx9, barking mat and mike os like this.
  5. ukracer Forum Supporter

6. Other Daniel

Other Daniel Member

How can you use it for a while, if you're not allowed to have it until you've used it for a while ? :dontknow:

Westfield-builder and Parm like this.
  7. Ali

Ali Member

It might be but that bit is sort of true. I kept hearing of bargains on this marketplace and signed up to Facebook (shudder) specially to see what it was about. Was peeved when I couldn’t get on it but read that you have to wait, it’s only just appeared for me after a couple of months.

8. barking mat

barking mat Barking at Pigeons

Ahh, really, just go to machine mart, for dogs sake.

Westfield-builder and Parm like this.
  9. Ali

Ali Member

No, you have to have (but not use, apparently) Facebook for a while before the marketplace bit opens up.

10. Other Daniel

Other Daniel Member

Fair point.
    I'm allergic to Fb, so quite out of touch with it's workings.
    Daniel
    Edit; posts crossed over :laughing:

11. Parm

Parm Temporarily operating from the Devon Annex

I had face ache for years.

Best thing I did was to delete it, along with all the idiots that came with it

12. Ali

Ali Member

me too but it’s like eBay was a few years ago, some good bargains. Just sign up and make your profile as anonymous as possible in case you’re approached by any ‘friends’

Other Daniel and Parm like this.
  13. Gragson

Gragson Forum Supporter

Can't comment on the specific inquiry, but I had to sign up 2 days ago to FB to get in touch with a watch repairer who were not taking any other contact channels...
    Then I clicked on on a link via here for something that was being sold on FBMP and I got the same issue as the OP - before I could actually view, not now, aren't cookies great.

I'm still trying to work out how to remove myself from the backslapping linkedin rubbish, FB could be a close 2nd - cynical comes from bing in & out of IT for 30 years

14. barking mat

barking mat Barking at Pigeons

I ended up having a chat with some BLM, black American last night about racism, he then started quoting the bible at me, anti racism, but also anti homosexuality.

won't do that again.

it was all very polite.

but funny from my point of view.

must delete my fb account.

15. roofman

roofman Purveyor of fine English buckets and mops

Just to access market place i joined a month ago with another name and details to keep my freaky past from saying "hello"...within 2 mins i had a load of info regarding my friends and family (so much for a false name) it must of info gathered in a nano second using my Google account etc.. I closed the account within 12 mins and then had to wait another 30 days just incase i changed my mind before the account was deleted fully:rolleyes:

slim_boy_fat, Ali and Other Daniel like this.
  16. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

I just delete and block the idiots

17. Fraserb

Fraserb Forum Supporter

That's me strategy, corona virus has saw my friends list decrease a lot.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  18. You have to have the FB account for a period to make sure you have at least a bit of integrity before being able to buy or sell on the market place. I use it and it's great. No Paypal or Ebay fees and you can choose the area you search. I've sold quite a lot on there and it's a great place to pass on stuff you don't want to sell but would like to pass on if it's useful to someone. That bit is quite satisfying. Also you generally have to collect the goods and pay on collection, so you can check what you are buying and also know where they live, so you can set fire to their dustbins if they try to scam you :) FB is what you make it. Some people collect friends like a dog turd attracts flies. I limit who I accept as friends and have got rid of quite a few people I know because the darker side of them has shown itself on their page.

19. ukracer Forum Supporter

You dont have to accept any friend requests and you can block them even if they are not friends.

20. steveo3002 Member

cambridge uk
    got an account with a made up name , accpet no friends but its handy for the selling groups and sometimes get a bit of info on the car groups as most forums have died off

Advertisements