electric chain hoists?

1. brewdexta

brewdexta Forum Supporter

Yorkshire
    The 32 amp lead came today, I connected it up and it works a treat. It won't get a huge amount of use, probably twenty times a year, most probably around 200kg, but up to 700kg occasionally.

I'm toying with idea of shortening the chain and the remote cable, there's probably about 25m and I need 8m tops. The chain is no bother as it's in the bag, but the remote cable is a bit of a pain.

Cheers
    Andy

Shox Dr likes this.
  2. metalmelt Member

Good, you have found the correct lubricant and yours is a wet type of anti fling oil, veg based deteriorates over time as it is designed to brake down and is widely touted as "environmentally friendly" but many suggest the realities are different.

At least you are avoiding dry types and spray on types which contain many nasties, usually in the propellant they use.

3. brewdexta likes this.
  4. Shox Dr

Shox Dr Chief Engineer to Carlos Fandango

Wow thats cheap. (Not that I know) its still vfm

brewdexta likes this.
  5. brewdexta

brewdexta Forum Supporter

Yorkshire

I like that idea. Not a bad price too, avoids damaging the remote cable when getting a tight load through the hatch. I shall mull it over :)

Shox Dr likes this.
  6. Agroshield Member

Same thing, somewhat cheaper, with added bonus of Chinese characters: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224144541979

That remote is for a gantry-type crane, hence the north, south, etc. buttons. It is a little too complicated for your needs. You only have up, down and E-stop.

Looking in the manual (p.35 onwards), it is not clear if any transformer is used to provide a lower-than-supply control voltage (it looks like it depends on exact model and age - 'new' ones have transformer). None of the wiring diagrams show the E-stop on the remote.

Hence, your remote may need to cope with a 110v control voltage. The key search term in eBay seems to be "F21-2S remote control".

It would be wise to make it so both the remote receiver and the original wired remote can be 'hot-swapped' mid-lift if necessary. Nothing worse than running around looking for AAA batteries with something dangling in the air.

brewdexta likes this.
  7. Migmac

Migmac Forum Supporter

Ours are getting tested this week. One failed yesterday, it didn’t have a sticker on the wall socket box. It’s meant to have one telling everyone that in here is the isolator switch. First time in my time here we’ve been told that.

Advertisements