Diesel cab heater

1. Farside

Farside Badly Welded Man

That's the trouble with these kinds of things; there's never any hard and fast proof - everything is anecdotal.
    If the mere presence of pellets of tin and/or lead in the petrol tank could solve the problems, grow your hair back and make you win the Lottery, don't you think the giant fuel companies and/or the motor car makers would be all over it?
    Of course, Dr David Locke, Broquet and all the other proponents of this are lucky they haven't been "disappeared" by the giant petro-chemical companies to protect their profits.
    I've found one fuel additive that actually works, but it's not for extra mileage, performance or anything like that, all it does is slowly clean the carbon off the backs of the valves and the piston crown / combustion chamber. It's made by Chevron and already in Texaco petrol. You can buy it in more concentrated form as Techron. There are others available too. Unlike the nebulous claims for other additives, Techron (or PEA) is actually provable.

The other great additive for fuel economy is a vacuum gauge.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  2. DAPPH

DAPPH as dyslexik as I'm daft

Near to Cross Hands Llanelli SouthWales GB
    No I don't think the fuel giants would want to hear of something that deprives them of income , same with governments . I suspect the big oil companies have indeed tested Broquet and found it did indeed work, but there is no way they can add it's advantages to their fuel .

I also looked at the actions of the actuaries , they calculate the odds of having to pay a claim . The fact that Mr Locke was able to get such a large amount of product cover means few or zero claims against him & his product .

Remember salt kills cut dandelions , but no one had coughed up the dosh for the tests to prove it as ther is no money in it for them .

Clean plugs & injectors as well as a really clean exhaust pipe is good enough evidence that it worked for me , so was the extra mpg in both our diesels & petrol engined cars .

Re the vacuum gauge ..
    I used to have a big brass 15 inch or so dia vacuum gauge off a fire engine of some sorts . The graduations were almost 1/4 of an inch apart . So setting an engine at 17 to 21 inches mercury was very easy to get the optimum timing . Some git nicked it !

gaz1 likes this.
Advertisements