Chinese verse Genuine

1. Believe it or not they don't, there environmental policy's are exceeding many of the western directives, they have realised poisoned rivers and smog are fairly bad news for the population... A few years ago they shut several agrochemical manufactures down overnight and made them completely rebuild there plants as they were discharging into the local waters. Again dictators can move quickly as they don't have to consult to do.

Hopefuldave and MattF like this.
  2. ronan

ronan Member

dublin
    That really surprises me.

3. grim_d

grim_d Member

Can't run a country if there's no country left to run...

MattF likes this.
  4. ronan

ronan Member

dublin

5. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

I've been to China many times...it's quite an amazing place actually and definitely not what I expected at all. The food was amazing....not the nonsense we think is Chinese food!

The key advantage of their government system is that the rulers rule for a long time....so they have a vested interest in planning strategically over a long horizon!

slim_boy_fat and Hopefuldave like this.
  6. Kent

Kent Member

Due to complexity of supply chains anyone who states they dont is almost positive msking untrue claims

7. I heard a rumour that it was mostly down to the Beijing Olympics They cleaned the city environmentally as best they could as they were a focus on the worlds stage, Then having worked out the costs of pollution ie, sick population etc they decided to do something about it. Of course there's still a lot to improve and as the wealth increases so will the inevitable car ownership etc..... But I gather from colleagues who work and travel out there the rate of change where they have made improvements is quite staggering.

I suppose looking at the UK shouldn't compete directly with the likes of china.... Japan has an extremely high cost of living yet still mfrs on a global scale, They achieve that by design, innovation and continual improvement... Id like to be proven wrong but I'm not sure the UK has the culture anymore to do so anymore.

Hopefuldave and Seadog like this.
  8. Appyasme1

Appyasme1 Member

My concern is about the quality that,we as Forum Members,are we prepared to accept inferior products they can be cheap.But is it good for your pocket! Once again buy cheap you DO pay twice.

9. no idea Member

I don't get the constant barrage of "Chinese stuff equals rubbish". There was a thread about new build houses that were poor quality - built in Britain by a labour force working in Britain (not necessarily British, but still working under British/European rules and regulations). There was also a thread about a poor quality brake caliper - the irony of it was that if the person had bought the caliper from a main dealer, it would have cost more but a) it would be guaranteed to be to OEM spec and b) the OEM item would more likely than not have also been made in China/Taiwan/other maligned Far East country.

It is quite simple, you choose the level of quality that you want and pay for it accordingly. People often say buy an old mill/lathe/band saw etc. etc. because they were built to last and modern stuff isn't - no, good quality old used stuff was at the expensive end of the scale of what was available in the past so by its very nature is more likely to last longer than the cheaper stuff that was available at the time.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  10. MBB Forum Supporter

Ive had some good Chinese stuff but it was from the local takeaway.

11. colnerov

colnerov Member

...And how long was it before you were hungry again?

12. ronan

ronan Member

dublin
    You don't know what they have done in it, white devil.

MattF likes this.
  13. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

You would not believe how good Chinese food really is in China...the stuff we get in the UK is mostly from 1 region and nothing like the food out there.

My favourites was....hot pot (bit of a health and safety nightmare but totally amazing)....I was surprised just how spicy the food was to be honest!

14. Slowcoach Member

I was under the impression they’re still building a lot of coal fired power stations and hasn’t there been some bridge failures too.

15. Ruffian Member

Boss bought a cheap chinese cam belt for a polo,

Unfortunately he will now be finding out what there 2 year warranty will be like only 3 weeks later.

As well as fitting a new head,valves and gasket set.

I would rather a UK supplier with a UK warrenty that can actually have back up and hopefully have and not need.

Appyasme1 and Hopefuldave like this.
  16. julianf

julianf Member

Who's building hinkley c again?

Or is it just Chinese finance?

17. Appyasme1

Appyasme1 Member

Bob the Builder

18. RichardM Member

Quite a few of the dye manufacturers in China are changing strategy, environmental cleanup and Reach compliance both impacting.
    Personally I buy on the basis of trying to get "fit for purpose". I don't have any problem with buying from China, as has already been said most electronic stuff is already subbed there anyway.

Hopefuldave likes this.
  19. arther dailey Member

Kemppi..definately not chinese ,we can all agree on that, I got a secondhand miniarc mig 180,welds great, feeding a new roll of wire I noticed a definate grumbling from the wire feed,alarmingly with a clunk every few moments, so gritted my teeth removed the mtr and gbox,thinking I was going to see a missing tooth,no the gears were ok ,but both ball bearings shot, and the point of all this..suprisingly on both bearings..MADE IN CHINA, I was somewhat suprised,ordered a couple of skf and its back to work as normal.
    so you pays your monies and take your choice,seems its just a lottery in parts anyways.?:dontknow:

Hopefuldave likes this.
  20. Dennis Aspö

Dennis Aspö Member

One can only hope it was the previous owner, not a good look for kemppi if so. But we're in a race to the bottom, all of us. How fun?

arther dailey likes this.
Advertisements