Chinese verse Genuine

1. As has been pointed out by others, there is nothing wrong with Chinese made equipment as long as the original specification they are building to is right. They can build anything you want up to the quality you want, they can also produce the cheapest junk if all you want is something at a low price point. The trick is getting acceptable quality at an acceptable price.

Richard. likes this.
  2. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

I usually keep an eye out on Fleabay for job lots of tools...some very nice stuff comes up now and again for very very little money. Ignore the individually listed stuff as thats usually people who've bought a job lot and are trying to sell each piece for the highest price!

I've scored quite a bit of vintage Devilbiss spray equipment that way....Devilbiss GFG brand new in original box!...20+ years old for £100 along with original gun rebuild kits too + a car full of other bits too!

It seems that the general population places very little value on old tools for some reason!

3. pressbrake1

pressbrake1 Member

essex england
    Mazak who make fine cnc machines in Japan ,Worcester and the US opened a plant in China for some reason.
    The chinesium versions catch alight as the seem to refuse to do wiring connectors up properly and other parts fail.
    Again as others have said the automated components are fine but as soon as a ex farm worker is involved in hand assembly it goes wrong

Hopefuldave likes this.
  4. Appyasme1

Appyasme1 Member

I think we all agree about quality and how important it is.How many times have we heard "cheap Chinese c..."

ronan and Hopefuldave like this.
  5. Kent

Kent Member

Blame not the Chinese but the businesses and buyers who go in favour of the lowest bidder .
    The Chinese can make great stuff but you have to be clear about wanting quality over price

Richard. and Hopefuldave like this.
  6. Kent

Kent Member

It actually regrets to the loss of skilled workers during the war and post war ( list to the fight or lost to the action )

7. Dennis Aspö Member

I don't believe that. They only recently managed to catch up to the germans on ball point technology for pens for instance. They can when they put the effort in make good enough stuff, but no they can't compete with bleeding edge. In fact a lot of the time when they do try and do that, like their supercomputers, they're often just good looking on paper, but in practical use less usable than on paper slower western or japanese supercomputers, they where made to look good on paper, not do science.

Same thing with that giant radio telescope they made, it was huge, big, biggest in the world. But quality was meh and they couldn't even find someone to run it, they didn't even want someone to run it, they advertised the position for a salary less than mine! It was like so many other things commanded by the CCP, a pure prestige project without real world application.

ronan and Hopefuldave like this.
  8. Dennis Aspö Member

Most of the debt China owns in the US is in the form of puttable bonds, so the Chinese have exactly zero leverage on the americans. They will have to wait for the bonds to mature and only then do they get their money. And to boot the americans have in place many laws that prevent the chinese from buying important companies or technologies, the chinese can't really do much more than buy more bonds with their cash.

That's not true elsewhere in the world though. But the americans are at least not as blue eyed as others.

pressbrake1 and ronan like this.
  9. Dennis Aspö Member

And check every single shipment there after because if you don't, and they think they can get away with it, they will try. It's almost guaranteed. I know. At my company we deal with this, my boss is too naive though, I tell him this but he thinks they will keep in line, but he has been disappointed on that score more than once now. But he is in love with the profit margins.

zx9 and Hopefuldave like this.
  10. grim_d

grim_d Member

I think you might be taking my statement a little too literally. :D

For mass manufacturing China is hard to beat...I much prefer a gel pen anyway. They can make world class quality products if they have the resources to do so and still probably cheaper than most other countries.

Are they the leaders of innovation and taking strides to change the world? No.

Can they do it cheaper once someone has figured it out? Probably.

Can you get 3 million counterfeit action figures made cheaper elsewhere.. definitely not.

It's interesting how you mention China's government funded failures, when have you ever known a government to make wise financial investments? :D

As a side note...made in Germany is absolutely not a mark of quality anymore..more often than not it's just junk that happens to be made there now.

ronan likes this.
  11. colnerov

colnerov Member

Hi, They used to be good at hiding it, until VW queered that pitch with their emissions claims.

Colin

dobbslc, Hopefuldave and ronan like this.
  12. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

The German economic miracle relies on everyone thinking their stuff is the best and paying the premium for it...I've learned my lesson the hard way!

RWD3M and ronan like this.
  13. Dennis Aspö Member

Yeah they can make stuff like that cheap, never denied it.

Quite often infact, I live in the nordic region after all.

Depends on what kind of product you're talking about. I don't rate their cars that highly, I prefer toyota.

dobbslc and ronan like this.
  14. grim_d

grim_d Member

I can tell. :hug:

ronan likes this.
  15. owas

owas Member

HS2 :scared:

Compare that to China's high speed rail network

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 5:06 PM
  16. grim_d

grim_d Member

Yeah but you're never quite sure if your getting on a train or a rickshaw that looks like a train. :D

ronan likes this.
  17. Kent

Kent Member

Oh yes they know its not economic for us to ship faulty stuff back. Though they aint dumb and if you are prepared to pay decent prices they will be a lot keener to keep you happy

18. As others have pointed out a huge amount of production has moved out to china, Many drugs, pharmaceuticals, chemicals are also produced out there.... Even if the final product isn't most of the common actives are produced for western firms. Because its a dictatorship it is able to move far quicker than its western counterparts, If a factory's outdated its knocked flat and rebuilt then workers zoned, there's no planning consultation, neighbourhood meetings, what takes decades here in the UK can happen in a year.

As others have said just about anything can be produced to any standard no bother, I struggle to think of a brand that doesn't use Chinese components.

MattF, slim_boy_fat and brightspark like this.
  19. ronan

ronan Member

dublin

Yeah, how can you compete with that ? Its like going into a boxing match with one arm tied behind your back. I would imagine they only pretend to obey environmental laws and all that.

20. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

Yes, it's speeded up, but nevertheless......:whistle:

ronan likes this.
Advertisements