Car Lap patch

1. Popcorn

Popcorn Member

Your the only one talking about aircraft and last time I looked aircraft where made of aluminium not mild steel.............

2. tom2207 Member

ah , ok ,, what about all the steel parts , are they aluminium too ,,
    Ive explained why waxol is not good these days Im not explaining any more , go do some research if your actually interested , stick with wax if your not.
    When a wise man points at the stars , only a fool looks at his finger.

3. Popcorn

Popcorn Member

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

tom2207 likes this.
  4. tom2207 Member

Honestly go take a look at ACF 50 , I promise its good.

James1979 likes this.
  5. steveo3002 Member

cambridge uk
    insstead of spending 50£ on a repair and then buying dozens of products trying to make it last , next time spend a little more on a better repair ?

6. tom2207 Member

it does not work that way ,,, I wish it did , some days I put in a stunning repair on a chassis or an out rigger knowing that if it isnt treated it wont last a year ,, In a land rover chassis as an example , with rust all ready in there , and the double skin internally at the corners , the repair is usually at the lowest point , and as soon as its disturbed , cups full of rust and sand all migrate to the lowest point , soak in the water and start the rust process all over again , if its not protected its just like watching a monkey with a hand grenade ,, you know whats going to happen ,, its just a case of when

7. David2020 New Member

I wish it did only close me £50 try £210 why do people have to be rude ........

8. tom2207 Member

good grief , that wasnt a cheap job ,,, but if it gets you a ticket , its a years cheap motoring so its not that bad in the long run.

9. David2020 New Member

no it was not think people using covid19 as way to charge more

tom2207 likes this.
  10. tom2207 Member

Probably ,,, Im not , but as you say , many will .
    having said that I worked standard time millennium eve ,,, and in the ents game that was un heard of ,,,
    as I said , as long as it got you on the road again.

11. David2020 New Member

maybe you could quote me to do it RIGHT as I'm am close to you

12. steveo3002 Member

cambridge uk
    210 is a bit strong if they welded over rust

im not being rude at all...but spending loads on premium rust cures and stuff , its a bit late for that , all it wanted was a reasonble job then a couple of coats of epoxy over it and something sprayed behind

all that stuff you dribled over the rust hole would have been ground straight off...couldve bought a argos grinder and 1mm and cut it back to clean steel for the sake of £20

i dont weld other peoples cars , 200£ ought to have got it welded up right , not like its london prices out in norfolk

i wouldnt worry about it ...im sure they wont be any more bother for a few years , prob more lurking away somewhere else

13. David2020 New Member

fair enough and maybe but I didn't want to tackle it with my cheap £80 welder and the stuff I put on it is meant to kill the rust off and I put a few coats on a week before he came and did the work so hopefully, it is kept at bay for a little while

14. David2020 New Member

oh great this 210 patch is leaking water awesome is anyone near me willing to come to quote me to do it right? i am very angry now

15. tom2207 Member

I would do it for you , if you were local , its an hours work , bring the buns ,,,
    I know thats easy for me to say as im in NI
    but if your passing Ill sort it out . ,, hope some one closer sorts it for you though ,,, although if you can get to both sides , you could let it dry then seam seal it ,, keep things in better nick till you do get it soorted , but dont do it in the wet or you will lock in water.

Advertisements