There is very little motor braking on these motors with no power, the bumper bar is evidence of that
Anyway, back to the plot, I've cut the keeper slot and the grease grooves, job just about done.
here's the pin being milled, the keeper is next to the rocol on the bed. I cut through for the first 12mm then cut shoulders on each side as the keeper doesn't go near the middle of the pin.
The keeper fits nice and snug. I made the keeper slot so it keep the grease slots at either side of the pin when fitted, not at the top where the main force is.
Milling the grease slots, I should have upped the speed a bit however nobody will see this . I stopped the slots short of the end of the bush by a couple of mm so the slots won't pick up muck and push it into the bush.
Just need to clean the swarf out of the grease holes and jobs a good un.
In my efforts to take a load of tractor bits to the blasters, in addition to the front axle, as I have the rear wheels dismantled for blasting and I have just bought some second hand wings in good condition, I thought I would take everything that needs to be sprayed grey at the same time.
On "New Performance" fordson dexta and majors, the orange was replaced with light grey and a few other components were painted grey too. On my dexta this is front and back wheels, front headlamps, toolbox, rear wings and lamps plus the seat. Its the latter that I now need to sort, its all shapes. I'm not too sure what is the right shape, I would settle for symmetrical. The seat tips back on a hinge so it doesn't hold rain water when stood and clips down onto a base however there isn't a lot to use as a datum and its an odd shape to bend. The hinge bit and the clip are riveted on so I may drill them out and remove them then I may have a better chance of seeing how to twist it back into some kind of geometry.
The bracket bolts to the tractor and there's a clip under the seat that clips to the bracket.