Arc Welder Group Test

1. bill_gj

bill_gj Tired and irritable

I think I've seen that Glasgee girl on one of those TV progs with titles like "boozed up Britain" or Traffic Cops etc. No offence meant.

2. aero Member

My sortta gal!:cool:

3. simon718

simon718 needs to stay off ebay

Norn' Iron
    classy bird :whistle:

4. Bloody neds and nedettes.... :(

5. simon718

Norn' Iron
    or "steeks" as theyre known over here.... really dunno where that one came from :laughing:

6. Neds = Non Educated Delinquents. ;) What was the original topic about again?:whistle:

Regards,

Ian.

7. simon718

Norn' Iron
    ummm summit to do with sticking bits of metal together... i think :whistle:

ah thats a good one Ian :laughing:

8. Wozzaaah

Wozzaaah The wizard of woz Staff Member

Wiltshire, UK
    Blimey Ian, you're showing your age, they've been called Snickers for umpteen years now! :laughing:

Cheap cereals?......hell yeah! I just wish someone made shreaded wheat copies, it's about the only one I've never found :(.
    Cheap welders?.....hmmmm, I have both cheap and expensive and I know which ones I prefer to use ;)

9. I know, I'm bloody ancient.:laughing:

Cheapy welder is all can afford, but I'll work within it's limits without exaggeration or expecting too much.:D Saying that, you can't tar them all with the same brush based on the experience of just using one model or one brand. I do however defer to the greater experience of others, I know my place...:D:laughing:

Regards,

Ian.

10. matt1978

matt1978 www.lorch.eu

Thats the main problem with the cheap or cheaper stuff..........there is very little consistancy regarding build quality.

You can drop lucky with even the cheapest of the cheap stuff and it may well be fine (Providing you accept its limitations)....... but then you go back and pick up the next one on the shelf and it will be totally crap, almost like a completely different machine.

Its down to the fact that they use cheapest of cheap componants but also because there is practically zero quality control or monitoring on the actual assembly of the product.

Pays your money........takes your chance I guess.

11. Hi Matt,

I agree and I understand that 100%, that's why I won't expect too much or over-exaggerate it's performance (or the lack thereof). ;)

Regards,

Ian.

12. Malky Member

Sorry for dragging this thread out of the nettles but this picture on the first page gives a great view of the problems I was having with my old stick welder.
    upload_2020-10-31_22-19-34.jpeg

The edges of the weld seem to have hardened flux which can be a right pain to get rid of if you want to build any more runs alongside. Anyone know what causes this please.

Advertisements