(Apple) Watch protection whilst working

1. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

i rarely answer the phone when it rings. call back when i have time same for emails.

2. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

Calling @mrsbruce

Arc Tourist, GreenBlood and stuvy like this.
  3. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    @GreenBlood we are obviously concerned about protecting your watch but you haven't told how many steps you've done today :laughing:

slim_boy_fat, GreenBlood and stuvy like this.
  4. stuvy

stuvy Member

My phone lives on silent I hate it ringing or beeping

I normally keep it in one of my tool box drawers and check it now and then but unless it’s my parents or partner I ignore it

as for missing a call and loosing work your obviously selling a product that’s readily available and copied to miss out on the sale

5. GreenBlood Member

The great thing about the watch is that you can easily feel the watch alert you, especially if your listening to music. Lift up your wrist and see if it's something you need to deal with or not. So a simple flap up leather lid would be dead handy.

You're probably right. But I also actually like my watch too...;-)

Yes, that's the kind of thing that may work, pull it over the watch. Not idea, and may get singed with grind spray etc. Leather would be better.

6. Ashley Burton

Ashley Burton Member

I've got a basic fitbit & damaged it within a week of having it. All I can say is I'm glad it wasn't an expensive smart watch as I would of been majorly cursing

7. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

not worn a watch since leaving school for this reason

8. bourbon Member

Got to ask the question. How did you manage before a smart watch? I don't even have a smart phone. The mobile I have hasn't got a camera on it!

stuvy and James1979 like this.
  9. James1979 Forum Supporter

I have a third hand iPhone under duress as I need the camera for work. It’s my first in my life and I’ve had it less than 6 months. I’m 100% with you on this one!!

stuvy and bourbon like this.
  10. outofthefire

outofthefire Member

Leeds
    How did you manage before any sort of technology, household appliances, cars, the list goes on and can be broken down further how did you drive before power steering, electronic ignition, fuel injection. Thing's are moving forward all the time if you choose to stand still that's your choice, but it is funny how it is this sort of technology that garners your reaction.

stuvy and GreenBlood like this.
  11. bourbon Member

ludditte.jpg

stuvy and James1979 like this.
  12. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

We shan't mention the software that designed the t-shirt. Or the plotter that cut it out or the press that bonded it. :)

Me. I wouldn't be without a smart phone. iPhone 3 was my first. Easton long before I moved to Android.

Emails. Pictures video. Calender and notes are all used daily and sync up with the pcs at home.

GreenBlood and outofthefire like this.
  13. outofthefire

outofthefire Member

Leeds
    The irony of the hashtag at the beginning of the statement, and the fact you're posting a picture on technology using technology about the fact that you don't use technology:laughing: it's that for some reason you've drawn a line in the sand with one particular type of technology that baffles me, you're not alone, i'm not digging at you, it's just interesting.

14. bourbon Member

ever heard of a sense of humour mate? that's the point of the whole hashtag thing. I use tech when it suits ME. not a bank for example.

stuvy likes this.
  15. northwest

northwest Member

Technology is great, the advances in the last thirty or forty years are mostly incomprehensible. I have a Computer Controlled Milling machine. In my shed!

But the line is crossed when the technology starts using you, as opposed to you using the technology.

16. Arc Tourist

Arc Tourist Forum Supporter

Consider having a wide leather wrist band made up to attach your watch, with a leather cover flap to cover the watch stitched on one side, and a magnet sewn on the other end of the flap to hold it in place.
    This is the principle behind my phone case, which has magnets between the leather layers to keep the phone from falling out if it happens to shift position. With just a robust flick of a finger quick access is provided.

• PICT0015 (Medium).JPG
    GreenBlood likes this.
  17. GreenBlood Member

I'm in contact with a lassie on here that maybe able to help....will post an update if we get any where:-)

18. stuvy

stuvy Member

irony,

if you get it you get it, fighting a downward slippery slope you certainly don’t :whistle:

Advertisements