Oh, its a project alright. I did get a fair deal on it, and could tell by a close up inspection of suspension, brakes, tires, motor, etc, that I could get it running with some work done to the wiring and a carb rebuild. The wiring was the worst area, so I tackled that first and had the loom unwrapped and simplified in a couple of hours. Tracing all the breaks, rub throughs, corrosion and bad fuses was another issue and took another couple of hours to put right.
I found a nice looking fuse block complete with fuses on ebay. This simplified all the wiring attached to the battery terminals which seems to have each circuit added after the fact. Now, only 3 wires are going to the battery positive terminal; starter motor, fuse box, and one more for the winch.
2 of the wheels were in pretty rough shape and one almost got thrown in the scrap pile. but they are pricey even for used ones, so I patched them up with the welder. This worked but was not perfectly sealed, so I went out and got some tubes for them...now all is well and they are holding air.
I know, I know, it seems crazy to spend any time at all on a little wheel like this!
I am welding up the central tunnel right now. All the control cables go through there as well as a brake line, which of course was rotted through just above a big hole caused by rust.
It should be a good project and will help with duties around the house. mainly, Ill be using it for plowing the driveway as it has all wheel drive.
thanks for lookin.