1975 BMW 1602 - into M42 Turbo rep.

1. B1N9S

B1N9S Member

Well, stay safe mate. Let's hope this goes away asap.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  2. B1N9S

B1N9S Member

Well. I decided, I enjoy a challenge and a project. So, I have bought some GSXR ITBs to go on the 02.

I'll get the manifold made up and then it's a steep learning curve from there on.

I haveca very vague idea of what's required and when I say vague, I mean VAGUE .

Anyone fitted bike ITBs to a car ? 20200517_082646.jpg

3. B1N9S

B1N9S Member

Not updated this thread for a while. So, where were we !!!

ITB's are fitted and the car runs fine. I had a custom intake made, fuel rail and trumpets. I then had to space the throttles to 90mm (originally they are 80mm). This was relatively simple to do, by adding some SS spacers and new threaded bar through the whole setup.

I have also had to fit a wideband O2 sensor, a standalone FPR and a standalone ECU (luckily kData in Germany do a PlugnPlay ecu for the M44 engine), so that was as simple as plugging it in. The car still needs a decent exhaust making and I am in the middle of making an airbox, which will alter performance, then it will go for remapping. So, engine wise, the car is more or less there.

The interior is done. I bought myself a sewing machine, as I just love to learn new stuff. I made a carpet set, headlining and recovered an old pair of Recaros (but, this is a skill too far at the moment, so they're still a WIP). I'll try and get some pics sorted of the interior.
    ITB2.jpg

Gwil, jpmillermatic, Exuptoy and 9 others like this.
  4. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

I was just thinking about this thread the other day & wondering what was happening. Good to see you're making progress - well done on the sewing machine bit, always new stuff to learn, eh?

Will be looking out for further updates as the days pass. :thumbup:

B1N9S likes this.
  5. B1N9S

B1N9S Member

I promised some interior shots, so here are a few. The seats are not a matched pair, one has piping, one has top stitching, as I couldn't decide which one I preferred ! :laughing:. I re trimmed the centre console and made the carpet and headlining. Quite please with it all, for a budget build.

120758700_3366494840243290_8683345506541340348_o.jpg 120768673_3366494876909953_1246906470981780421_o.jpg 120773071_3366494820243292_6433475977270020331_o.jpg

6. Exuptoy

Exuptoy Member

Love that. Period niceness!

7. Matchless

Matchless I started with nothing, still have most of it left

one day I may get around to building my 2002 Tii touring 5 speed recaro seated daily driver........... or sell the whole lot as a project... need to live a long time.

Have a spare M44 under the bench, fitted one into my son's E30 316i touring, if you destroy yours! came out of my daughters 318is..

B1N9S and slim_boy_fat like this.
  8. jpmillermatic

jpmillermatic Member

USA-NY
    LOVE the sticker.

Great job on the interior pieces. it takes special kinds of patience and skill, of which, I sadly do not have much of!

looks really nice

JP

Dcal likes this.
  9. B1N9S

B1N9S Member

What about the Touring ? Any pics? I'll bear the M44 in mind, thanks.

10. jpmillermatic

jpmillermatic Member

USA-NY

would like to see that myself, short of hijacking this thread, of course. Glad to see that you worked through fitting the bike carbs. I hear that can be very tricky. The interior looks great, by the way!

JP

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  11. Milkybars

Milkybars Forum Supporter

I can report that when @Matchless came round earlier in the year he was drving a very nice BMW :)

Advertisements