12 volt cat tyre compressors..recomend a GOOD one Please

1. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda Staff Member

I saw one of those when looking around for a car, can you collapse it again after use or is it a single use spare wheel?

2. Migmac

Migmac Member

I was looking into these a wee while go. The square ones out of Fords are meant to be good.

arther dailey likes this.
  3. sako243

sako243 Member

Another vote for the T-max variants, I got an unbranded one of those from Paddocks about 15 years ago and it's still going strong despite much abuse.

Used to live in the battery box in the Defender and got swamped quite regularly and doesn't seem to have suffered for it.

arther dailey likes this.
  4. Cobbler

Cobbler Codger bodger

I used to do that, I used the first stage of a reg, then an old airline reg connected to it, so I could adjust the pressure Used it for tyres, the odd bit of spraying, this sort of thing. It was good for inflating boats, better than the pump, I’m a lazy sod! Still got it somewhere I think, although I haven’t dived for years.

5. gordon stephenson

gordon stephenson Forum Supporter

Robotstar5, Don't know if the tyre can be collapsed again after being used, I would imagine so. Otherwise its going to be an expensive short term use, I also don't know what life they have in the folded state,

Robotstar5 likes this.
  6. Rannsachair

Rannsachair Forum Supporter

I did a trip in Iceland and that was what they did to reinflate their big tyres after some offroad driving:
    [​IMG]

arther dailey, Seadog and 8ob like this.
  7. Rannsachair

Rannsachair Forum Supporter

Another vote for the TMax, I have had one in the Landy for about 10 years, use it to reinflate after offroading

[​IMG]

Advertisements