Would this run a plasma cutter?

1. Screenshot_2015-11-29-08-20-42.png

I wasn't sure how to link so just screen shot the page.
    I'm thinking of a small cutter...cut 50 or similar and wondering if this would be adequate?

2. pondy

pondy Member

Yes it will run one but depending on how Much cutting you do you may exceed the duty cycle of the compressor as it Will run a lot and it's noisey. I run a cut for off a 50l v twin compressor which can be had for 200 notes and it's a great unit

3. Richiew Forum Supporter

That compressor would run your plasma cutter. It looks identical to the Aldi one bar the paint job.

£24.98 is, I presume, the cost of the five piece tool kit and not the actual compressor though. You cant make them that cheap.

4. cumbriasteve

cumbriasteve Moderator

That listing price is not for the comp, there will be a pull down box with a choice of items.

The comp is worth no more than the £50 to £70 that Aldi sells them at and you get a 3 year warranty there, you won't off an ebay box shifter.

5. Yeah, it's just under 100 for the whole lot.

6. ford34/2 Member

Cramlington,Northumberland. United Kingdom
    They were still available in the reduced section of Aldi here in Cramlington, just last Thursday 26th

• 2015-11-12 09.59.54.jpg
    Peloquin likes this.
  7. Cheers..I'll get the wife nip into our local one while she's out.

skotl and doubleboost like this.
  8. Richiew Forum Supporter

Just been to my Local Aldi. They are on clearance for 35 quid a go. It's no brainer really.

ford34/2 likes this.
  9. cumbriasteve

cumbriasteve Moderator

Excellent bargain, mine must be around 7 years old now and never a problem.

10. AdrianH Forum Supporter

I also run a 25 litre compressor with my cut 40 the longest run I had is 13 minutes of cutting with the CNC cutter, the compressor just about kept up, the motor/pump was quite warm/hot at the end, as it has to keep up with the air flow, if you do manual cutting there is a better chance it would cope, but at them costs, no brainer if you dont have anything buy it.

One thing to consider is to get a better, bigger air line something like 3/8" or 10mm if you can even the 8mm internal would be better for the plasma then the 6mm supplied in one of the semi ridged plastic coils. Places like K-supplies or other similar places would do them at 10 metres or more for not a lot of money.

Adrian

Peloquin likes this.
  11. Cheers..duly noted.

Advertisements